Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I honestly just dont know anymore. Any post to me is believable at this point because well we have nothing else to go off and two the AD is Fred Glass so this could be handled several ways. I have no plans on guessing or assuming anything anymore I am just gonna give it some time and see what happens instead of getting my hopes up or vice versa.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I honestly just dont know anymore. Any post to me is believable at this point because well we have nothing else to go off and two the AD is Fred Glass so this could be handled several ways. I have no plans on guessing or assuming anything anymore I am just gonna give it some time and see what happens instead of getting my hopes up or vice versa.

Me along with 95% of the fanbase feel the same way you do about the whole thing.

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hickory Hoosier does not troll, and doesn't post very often.
Hickory Hoosier doesn't merely say "gone", he also says "very mutual."
Guys... HE GONE.

ALSO:
The board has neglected to consider a point that CTC brought up last night: with Meghan Crean graduating from IU, the Crean family will not have any of their kids at IU next fall if they make a break this year.

So Riley has backed out from IU baseball?

7 minutes ago, dallas44 said:

On 247 said 'gone, very mutual'

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If so Glass has his guy. He had Allen ready to go and it only took 15 days to hire Yegley no way we started from scratch. Can't remember how long the baseball situation took

edit. Looked 9 day gap between baseball coaches. 

7 hours ago, indy317219 said:

So no faith in Glass firing Crean, but we are then left with putting faith in the same person making a responsible hire with a future coach?

Personally, I'm not as big on Glass as others on here are.  Facilities improved, sure.  While I was willing to give Moren a chance with WBB I wasn't enthused with the hire, and I'm willing to give Allen a chance at HC for football but I don't like how that was handled since he was only a DC at this level for 1 season.

So no, I wouldn't be surprised if Glass botched it.  He had a good opportunity to fire Crean already and didn't do it, presumably because of a buyout he was stupid enough to sign in the first place.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Personally, I'm not as big on Glass as others on here are.  Facilities improved, sure.  While I was willing to give Moren a chance with WBB I wasn't enthused with the hire, and I'm willing to give Allen a chance at HC for football but I don't like how that was handled since he was only a DC at this level for 1 season.

So no, I wouldn't be surprised if Glass botched it.  He had a good opportunity to fire Crean already and didn't do it, presumably because of a buyout he was stupid enough to sign in the first place.

Yeah if the Runors are true that we could have had Donovan 2 years ago and we botched that then frankly it shows that Glass belongs at s school like Purdue that just wants decent teams at everything. Dude clearly doesn't have the guts to build an elite team. 

Yeah if the Runors are true that we could have had Donovan 2 years ago and we botched that then frankly it shows that Glass belongs at s school like Purdue that just wants decent teams at everything. Dude clearly doesn't have the guts to build an elite team. 

So is this foggers or whatever he/it is called is that a search firm or do we think Glass uses his connections to hire our next coach? If it is in Glass's hands I am truly worried. I dont want a search firm taking the whole thing over but Glass does need to get some help. Maybe Cuban can give some advice....seriously though. He is a very smart man regardless of what his personality gives off.

1 hour ago, Hoosier in NC said:

Exactly.  What if IU goes in this direction and then for some reason Louisville, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, etc. need a coach in a year?  Nothing to keep BD from choosing one of those programs and leaving IU in a really awkward position.

Let's say IU could pull off a Donovan hire.  He would have literally every resource at his disposal that they could offer, with an advantage over most of being in the heart of a recruiting hotbed.  Bad coaching hires is the only thing keeping IU from being right there with them, and Donovan would be a home run.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I tend to agree but let's see who they hire if Crean is removed. I have a gut feeling Glass will try to make a splash with this hire because his job will probably be attached to it. Especially sense Men's basketball is were the majority of the revenue comes from.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

So is this foggers or whatever he/it is called is that a search firm or do we think Glass uses his connections to hire our next coach? If it is in Glass's hands I am truly worried. I dont want a search firm taking the whole thing over but Glass does need to get some help. Maybe Cuban can give some advice....seriously though. He is a very smart man regardless of what his personality gives off.

That firm got us Crean. I don't want to use them again. Look at their placements and I don't see a single elite coach that he has handled. 

10 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

My thoughts if what op says is true and Donovan wants to come but wants to wait a year is that you move on. Can't let one guy hold you hostage. You make this supposed move and what if he changes his mind? If you're coming you come now or move the f on. I know he's the 1st or 2nd choice but even with BS you can't let them hold the program hostage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly.  It's not like Donovan or any other coach holds all the cards.  We have leverage too.

If we have a vacancy, a lot of good coaches would want to come here.  The IU job is only going to be open so many times in your coaching career.  Sh1t or get off the pot if you want it.