Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Semi-connected poster on the 247 board:

5_1005897.png&key=59919e73b51923a25aed491eda82e15010c92a95bcea7290d15748293199c607

IUwins0708

• 1_3572315.jpg&key=d51d9b6737ff1d8e272154885ebffc760cf95e988f1666ba39acd3973765f497
2 hours ago via Mobile

5fouls said... (original post)

Brad Stevens has to be the first call and he has to be offered a good enough package to make him think about it.

He's on the list

What does it say?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Treesh said:

He's on the list

What does it say?

Maybe it's not showing up on mobile app: 5fouls asks if Brad Stevens will be the first call from trustees, and the connected to big boosters/trustees poster responds "he's (Stevens is) on the list (that will be called first)."

Good to know that a connected guy does not think that Stevens has pro-actively precluded himself from the conversation.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

The team has enough to win at least four or five more games, including a couple on the road. If we continue on the path we're on; signs of life followed by regular disappointment, that will more than suffice.

Penn State, Michigan and Northwestern at home should be wins, maybe Purdue as well. Northwestern, Iowa and Ohio State are all winnable on the road. The problem is that those games are all just as loseable too. There's no way to know which IU team will show up and I don't think that fact is lost on Fred Glass. Purdue and Wisconsin on the road could get ugly. I'm worried Swanigan will hang a 20/20 game on TB. 

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe it's not showing up on mobile app: 5fouls asks if Brad Stevens will be the first call from trustees, and the connected to big boosters/trustees poster responds "he's (Stevens is) on the list (that will be called first)."

Good to know that a connected guy does not think that Stevens has pro-actively precluded himself from the conversation.

If there is even 1/100th of a percent to get a Brad Stevens.  You go after him.  If he will let IU pitch, Glass better be a damn good salesman.  Glass better also be taking Stevens wife out to lunch today.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Penn State, Michigan and Northwestern at home should be wins, maybe Purdue as well. Northwestern, Iowa and Ohio State are all winnable on the road. The problem is that those games are all just as loseable too. There's no way to know which IU team will show up and I don't think that fact is lost on Fred Glass. Purdue and Wisconsin on the road could get ugly. I'm worried Swanigan will hang a 20/20 game on TB. 

It is quite impossible to predict. 

However, it being late January, another "turnaround miracle" season not happening is all but certain. In fact, the overwhelming odds that turnarounds like that don't happen is a big part of why last season's turnaround was so enjoyable. 

Given the long odds of this season being anything other than an unpredictable, disappointing mess, the only predictable event that I see is that we are not going to turn around this season.

I would think the end is near.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Three PR embarrassments so far with the loss to Ft Wayne, the Devonte Greene incident all over ESPN and now a 30 point beat down by an average Michigan team. Gotta think this stuff starts adding up. And, you know Northwestern smells blood for Sunday. Surely Glass will be forced to make the change.

What was the "Devonte Greene (sic) incident"?

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Perhaps... but in mid-November, Nebraska at home was also a "should be win".

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It is quite impossible to predict. 

However, it being late January, another "turnaround miracle" season not happening is all but certain. In fact, the overwhelming odds that turnarounds like that don't happen is a big part of why last season's turnaround was so enjoyable. 

Given the long odds of this season being anything other than an unpredictable, disappointing mess, the only predictable event that I see is that we are not going to turn around this season.

I would think the end is near.

I am tired of my team needing a "turnaround miracle" nearly every season... how many times can TC catch the proverbial lightning in a bottle?

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I am tired of my team needing a "turnaround miracle" nearly every season... how many times can TC catch the proverbial lightning in a bottle?

Lighting is hard to catch. Not this year.

Free tuition for every Stevens forever.
Free parking anywhere for any Stevens
His wife gets the top seat at Kenn Nunn
Unlimited budget for assistant coaches
Unlimited adidas clothing
8 million dollars a year with bonuses.
25 million dollar buy out.
IU pays for custom home.
Custom statue outside Cook Hall if Stevens himself
Unlimited drinks at any Kilroys Bar

I could keep going.