Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

https://hoosierillustrated.com/despite-not-officially-naming-kurtis-rourke-as-the-starting-qb-for-iu-football-curt-cignetti-will-sleep-better-at-night-with-him-under-center/

Ok read. Nothing really new. It’s gonna be Roarke. We all know it’s gonna be Roarke. Cignetti’s comments on Jackson are probably more interesting. Even if the Lewis Hail Mary doesn’t happen, given how much they seem to like Cherry has Jackson as a Soph already been recruited over? Sure feels that way.

9 hours ago, Demo said:

https://hoosierillustrated.com/despite-not-officially-naming-kurtis-rourke-as-the-starting-qb-for-iu-football-curt-cignetti-will-sleep-better-at-night-with-him-under-center/

Ok read. Nothing really new. It’s gonna be Roarke. We all know it’s gonna be Roarke. Cignetti’s comments on Jackson are probably more interesting. Even if the Lewis Hail Mary doesn’t happen, given how much they seem to like Cherry has Jackson as a Soph already been recruited over? Sure feels that way.

I think in no uncertain terms Cig has made it clear that he’s gonna play “his” guys (where applicable) come hell or high water based on his comments about the previous culture. Kinda goes in opposition of his “we want competition” mantra, but it also won’t be a thing in a year or two when the roster is all his guys. 

Based on the spring game and the spring game alone, I didn’t think it was that obvious that Rourke was the surefire guy but of course that’s maybe 2% of the full picture. 

I think in no uncertain terms Cig has made it clear that he’s gonna play “his” guys (where applicable) come hell or high water based on his comments about the previous culture. Kinda goes in opposition of his “we want competition” mantra, but it also won’t be a thing in a year or two when the roster is all his guys. 
Based on the spring game and the spring game alone, I didn’t think it was that obvious that Rourke was the surefire guy but of course that’s maybe 2% of the full picture. 

Agreed. I thought TJ looked as good as Rourke if not better in the Spring game. Rourke felt like a game manager and Tayven looked like the better arm talent. So can we meld them together? Neither are Michael freaking Penix.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think CCC is the best judge of talent on this football team. First and foremost, he wants, and expects, to win football games. I believe he will put those players on the field who he thinks gives him the best chance. He knows his guys. Everyone else has to prove they are better. I can't believe we are questioning a coach before he has even coached a game here. For what it's worth, and I know it's not much,but I have more confidence in CCC than any coach in my lifetime, and that's a a really long time.

I had to laugh watching the BTN preview show of IU from the other night. Griffith and Revsine were gushing about Tayven because he had apparently had a good day when they were there while Rourke seemed to have been a bit off - all according to the BTN guys of course. Cig was basically like "lol yeah, no." and stared a hole through Revsine's forehead.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I had to laugh watching the BTN preview show of IU from the other night. Griffith and Revsine were gushing about Tayven because he had apparently had a good day when they were there while Rourke seemed to have been a bit off - all according to the BTN guys of course. Cig was basically like "lol yeah, no." and stared a hole through Revsine's forehead.

I still haven't seen the first 15 minutes of it and missed what you're talking about. They made reference to Tayven later on in the show as well because I remember thinking, these guys don't have a clue on what's going on with IUFB. I just kind of shrugged it off because it's obvious they don't really have a full understanding about the program like we do. For me, they get a pass because IUFB has to earn their research/deep dives. You can tell they were just going through the motions. Unlike when they visited O$U. Another possible aspect of it all is they might just think G5 transfers don't have what it takes to compete in the conference. Who knows. Hopefully by like the time October hits they're taking extreme notice and singing a different tune. 

It's a process. 

8 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I still haven't seen the first 15 minutes of it and missed what you're talking about. They made reference to Tayven later on in the show as well because I remember thinking, these guys don't have a clue on what's going on with IUFB. I just kind of shrugged it off because it's obvious they don't really have a full understanding about the program like we do. For me, they get a pass because IUFB has to earn their research/deep dives. You can tell they were just going through the motions. Unlike when they visited O$U. Another possible aspect of it all is they might just think G5 transfers don't have what it takes to compete in the conference. Who knows. Hopefully by like the time October hits they're taking extreme notice and singing a different tune. 

It's a process. 

It happened when Revsine interviews Cig in the team room. Revsine talked about how good Tayven was, Cig gave a really short answer blowing that idea off and literally just stared through him. It was hilarious. I'd say it's fairly likely that Tayven looked good that day and they even admitted that they're seeing a tiny sample size out of a full camp. I'm a Tayven guy, but anyone with eyes or ears knows how this is going to go.

I thought the guys were fair but it was pretty vanilla. I very much enjoyed the interviews with the coordinators though, especially Haines. I think we're going to see a Wommack-style attacking defense again under him. I liked the interview with Kamara (and Fischer, but mostly Kamara) too.