Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

47 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Vandy guys have messaged me on twitter with little warning shots that Bryce Drew will be there this weekend too. Should be a very fun weekend I guess.

How many visits does Drew have left? 

I saw a picture of Archie sitting beside "Fran the man" at one point last weekend.  Do you think Archie and Drew will sit together too?  Not sure what is "normal" when coaches are competing for a recruit.  Or is there a section blocked off for all coaches?

Vandy guys have messaged me on twitter with little warning shots that Bryce Drew will be there this weekend too. Should be a very fun weekend I guess.
How many darn visits does drew get? Seems like he has seen him a lot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe Drew will be too busy prepping Vandy for that SEC Championship game 
Yep and aybe Winston will come in his place. After all without Winston drew would not even be involved with romeo.

I saw a picture of Archie sitting beside "Fran the man" at one point last weekend.  Do you think Archie and Drew will sit together too?  Not sure what is "normal" when coaches are competing for a recruit.  Or is there a section blocked off for all coaches?

Depends on the venue. Some have places blocked off for coaches. Some like to be seen. Some request a chair so they can put it on the baseline. I’ve also seen others that sit in the stands with the rest of the people. I’ve seen coaches recruiting the same kid sit together at AAU events. Mostly I think they sit with other coaches that they are close with.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Mostly I think they sit with other coaches that they are close with

I'd say it's either that or they know they are there to watch the player and not get distracted by fans. They can also speak to each other technically. 

Don't let Archie hear Drew talk technically like in his infamous timeouts!
Drew will be preparing for the SEC championship game Sunday. He won't make it here. Winston and the AD will come instead. Heck they may even fly in Shittu.

I hope we let Langford concentrate and enjoy the experience without the recruiting circus that has followed him to this point. Chants and things like that aren't necessary at this point, especially during a tournament game.

What does it hurt if high school kids chant "IU" when he comes out at the end of the game?

I don't think Drewfus wants to sit anywhere close to Archie at a Romeo Langford game, especially with the decision possibly coming in the next month.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What does it hurt if high school kids chant "IU" when he comes out at the end of the game?

I don't think Drewfus wants to sit anywhere close to Archie at a Romeo Langford game, especially with the decision possibly coming in the next month.

Why would that matter, for all we know he may pick Vanderbilt. 

Drewfus is coming into the lions can so why not chant. He is too going to show up with his whole staff and garland. Bank it.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I hope we let Langford concentrate and enjoy the experience without the recruiting circus that has followed him to this point. Chants and things like that aren't necessary at this point, especially during a tournament game.

To be fair, Romeo is the only uncommitted top 10 recruit i believe.   He could've avoided this circus by announcing months ago like everyone else.   He has to know where he's going by now.

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Drewfus is coming into the lions can so why not chant. He is too going to show up with his whole staff and garland. Bank it.

He’s gonna need more than that. And not even more than that will help

To be fair, Romeo is the only uncommitted top 10 recruit i believe.   He could've avoided this circus by announcing months ago like everyone else.   He has to know where he's going by now.
Maybe he does but if he was sold on garland and vandy he would have verballed in November. I think they are almost out of this.

He’s gonna need more than that. And not even more than that will help
I don't think it will help. It will reek of desperation. Drew needs him badly because if shittu is still hurt or inelgible all he is left with is the AD.

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

I don't think it will help. It will reek of desperation. Drew needs him badly because if shittu is still hurt or inelgible all he is left with is the AD.

And the AD won’t be enough to win games