Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I apologize, when I originally saw your post I was on my phone and the picture didn't show up. I really was just wanting to know why you said that.
Yea, I think I'm going to have to go back to reading this forum in tapatalk instead of the banner app. It seems over the last week, more and more posts with tweets or photos can't be seen on the app but I can see them through tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/10/15/romeo-langford-visits-north-carolina-two-visits-remaining/
I’m shocked an official visit “went good”.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kind of underwhelming don't you think?  Seems most post-visit comments are pretty gushing.

Kind of underwhelming don't you think?  Seems most post-visit comments are pretty gushing.

I think that’s all they could probably get out of his dad. All his after visits interviews are like this

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Scout had a rundown of the UNC visit. Sounds like the visit went pretty well overall but there was one quote that stood out to me from dad:

“I didn't think, me personally, the North Carolina fans really knew who Romeo was compared to when we went to UCLA. That stood out to me a little bit."

EDIT: The whole post is below

Top-five guard Romeo Langford picked a good weekend to be at Carolina.

Langford, the highest-rated player to take an official visit to UNC since the class of 2015, started his official visit Friday morning. After meetings with academic advisors and the UNC staff, Langford and his family took in "Late Night with Roy," where UNC unveiled the 2017 national championship banner.

Saturday consisted of watching the Tar Heels practice, tailgating, a meeting with Roy Williams, and watching UNC football against Virginia. The visit concluded on Sunday, following breakfast with Williams.

"The weekend was really exciting," Romeo's father, Tim Langford, told Inside Carolina. "We liked the coaching staff. I liked Roy Williams, and he's a great guy who has a lot of experience. The campus is great, too. I didn't think, me personally, the North Carolina fans really knew who Romeo was compared to when we went to UCLA. That stood out to me a little bit."

"But, I think it was a great visit. We liked their style of play. I liked what Roy Williams was saying his expectations are about what Romeo can contribute to the team. (UNC's 2018 commitments) Leaky (Black) and Coby (White) being there was a plus, too."

Williams told the family he'd utilize Romeo Langford, who measured 6-foot-6 at USA Basketball Junior Mini-Camp earlier this month, in a variety of ways.

"Before when we've talked, he was saying Romeo reminded him of Danny Green," Tim Langford explained. "He didn't say it this time, but he used a bunch of clips of some of his former guys like (Wayne) Ellington and Justin Jackson, too. He was showing, through them, what it would look like for Romeo at Carolina."

During the UNC practice on Saturday morning, Tim Langford said he appreciated Williams's consistency.

"I like Coach Roy Williams," Tim Langford said. "His style of practice is low key, and it wasn't just because we were there. (When) we visited last year he was pretty much the same. He wants the best, and he's going to push the kids. That's what I want for my son - someone to bring out the best in him."

Langford's versatility makes it less likely a potentially crowded backcourt at UNC would hinder its chances at signing him.

"They have guys who may leave or who may not, but that's not a big factor for us at all," said Tim Langford. "Romeo, it doesn't make a difference who the man is or anything like that. His style of play is a lot different from players I've seen ranked in the top 10. He's known for doing multiple things well. We want him to be around good players, and really good kids, too. I like the way Leaky plays the game, and he's a really good point guard. I like how (Nassir) Little and Coby play the game. The freshmen big men that they have this season, as far as their maturity going into next year, that's a plus to us as a family moving forward, too."

Romeo Langford has already taken official visits to Vanderbilt and UCLA, in addition to North Carolina, and has two official visit slots remaining.

"When we get done with these five official visits, our plan is to narrow it down to three," Tim Langford said. "But if he feels there's a team that's stood out, we'll go for it, but right now (signing in) the spring is the plan."

After this past weekend, North Carolina improved its chances of being in Langford's final three.

"The thing we like about Roy Williams...we want to come into a university and win a national championship," said Tim Langford. "You have your personal goals, but you're coming to college to win a national championship. Like right now in high school, Romeo's goal isn't to be the all-time leading scorer in the Indiana record books or anything like that. He wants to win a state championship more than anything. That's what I like about Roy Williams, he speaks on winning national championships. Everything I've taught my son about playing the game is about team. Everything he's accomplished, it comes from within the team, because he's a team-first guy. What you do on the court will speak for itself. I taught my son that, and Roy Williams believes that."

Scout had a rundown of the UNC visit. Sounds like the visit went pretty well overall but there was one quote that stood out to me from dad:
“I didn't think, me personally, the North Carolina fans really knew who Romeo was compared to when we went to UCLA. That stood out to me a little bit."

Better get our chant ready at Hoosier Hysteria.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

"The thing we like about Roy Williams...we want to come into a university and win a national championship," said Tim Langford. "You have your personal goals, but you're coming to college to win a national championship. Like right now in high school, Romeo's goal isn't to be the all-time leading scorer in the Indiana record books or anything like that. He wants to win a state championship more than anything. That's what I like about Roy Williams, he speaks on winning national championships. Everything I've taught my son about playing the game is about team. Everything he's accomplished, it comes from within the team, because he's a team-first guy. What you do on the court will speak for itself. I taught my son that, and Roy Williams believes that."

This has been my biggest concern since Archie started recruiting him. He wants to go where he has a chance to win a championship. His perception may be that we are still a year or two away.

This has been my biggest concern since Archie started recruiting him. He wants to go where he has a chance to win a championship. His perception may be that we are still a year or two away.

Yep, this is why Garland could prove to be a important recruit. BUT, I think more importantly, Archie will need to prove we have the bigs to allow us to compete at the top level.

4 hours ago, Hoosiers96 said:

Langford, the highest-rated player to take an official visit to UNC since the class of 2015, started his official visit Friday morning. After meetings with academic advisors and the UNC staff, Langford and his family took in "Late Night with Roy," where UNC unveiled the 2017 national championship banner.

Saturday consisted of watching the Tar Heels practice, tailgating, a meeting with Roy Williams, and watching UNC football against Virginia. The visit concluded on Sunday, following breakfast with Williams.

"The weekend was really exciting," Romeo's father, Tim Langford, told Inside Carolina. "We liked the coaching staff. I liked Roy Williams, and he's a great guy who has a lot of experience. The campus is great, too. I didn't think, me personally, the North Carolina fans really knew who Romeo was compared to when we went to UCLA. That stood out to me a little bit."

"But, I think it was a great visit. We liked their style of play. I liked what Roy Williams was saying his expectations are about what Romeo can contribute to the team. (UNC's 2018 commitments) Leaky (Black) and Coby (White) being there was a plus, too."

Williams told the family he'd utilize Romeo Langford, who measured 6-foot-6 at USA Basketball Junior Mini-Camp earlier this month, in a variety of ways.

"Before when we've talked, he was saying Romeo reminded him of Danny Green," Tim Langford explained. "He didn't say it this time, but he used a bunch of clips of some of his former guys like (Wayne) Ellington and Justin Jackson, too. He was showing, through them, what it would look like for Romeo at Carolina."

During the UNC practice on Saturday morning, Tim Langford said he appreciated Williams's consistency.

"I like Coach Roy Williams," Tim Langford said. "His style of practice is low key, and it wasn't just because we were there. (When) we visited last year he was pretty much the same. He wants the best, and he's going to push the kids. That's what I want for my son - someone to bring out the best in him."

Langford's versatility makes it less likely a potentially crowded backcourt at UNC would hinder its chances at signing him.

"They have guys who may leave or who may not, but that's not a big factor for us at all," said Tim Langford. "Romeo, it doesn't make a difference who the man is or anything like that. His style of play is a lot different from players I've seen ranked in the top 10. He's known for doing multiple things well. We want him to be around good players, and really good kids, too. I like the way Leaky plays the game, and he's a really good point guard. I like how (Nassir) Little and Coby play the game. The freshmen big men that they have this season, as far as their maturity going into next year, that's a plus to us as a family moving forward, too."

Romeo Langford has already taken official visits to Vanderbilt and UCLA, in addition to North Carolina, and has two official visit slots remaining.

"When we get done with these five official visits, our plan is to narrow it down to three," Tim Langford said. "But if he feels there's a team that's stood out, we'll go for it, but right now (signing in) the spring is the plan."

After this past weekend, North Carolina improved its chances of being in Langford's final three.

That quote stands out to me too. IU fans definitely know Romeo haha. Hoosier Hysteria will be rocking Saturday night. I can't wait

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep, this is why Garland could prove to be a important recruit. BUT, I think more importantly, Archie will need to prove we have the bigs to allow us to compete at the top level.

Kinda circular, but I think we need Garland or someone to step up as a true PG to show the big men they have someone to get them the ball.

Nothing new for me from this visit. This is why I have said Garland is almost just as important if not more important because without him we may not get Romeo. This year will be play big too. If we play well and it looks like we could be a factor next year, Romeo could see himself as the missing piece. I think we're in a great spot. 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Kinda circular, but I think we need Garland or someone to step up as a true PG to show the big men they have someone to get them the ball.

Yup. In today's game, PG is absolutely the most important position. Elite PG's get their teams to Final Fours. 

Thx for the information. I really don’t understand why players and parents strongly consider a school where it was just corroborated that they’ve been cheating for years.

I want a kid that wants to play at Indiana not someone that we beg and plead with. I want a Damon; Yogi and Cody type players who have it in their hearts. Come to IU because you want to Romeo not because you are an Indiana kid and feel like you should.

Thx for the information. I really don’t understand why players and parents strongly consider a school where it was just corroborated that they’ve been cheating for years.

Some see the easy way out and the know they wont have to go to class. Roy williams offers thay to you with a smug little grin. Once the arizona recruit knew he wasnt getting money he found the next best thing. No class.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk