Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

I understand where you're coming from, but as someone that played college basketball, I've always hated the inference that the athlete didn't work extremely hard as well. I always had people say to me "you're so lucky, I had to work to get here". "You had it easy, you got a scholarship, I had to work hard and get good grades to get into college".

Well, there's a reason so few people play college sports, because it's extremely hard and you have to work your butt off to be that good. Hours in the gym, weekends at camps, tournaments, etc. Skipping things (parties, etc) that other kids are doing to workout, etc. Yes, there's some god given athletic ability involved, but that exists with kids that are naturally smart and good in the classroom as well.

Again, I hear where you're coming from, just wanted to present the other side. Also, congrats to your daughter, she sounds like a great kid!

Understand and complete agree. My daughter had planned on playing golf in college but the workload would have been too much for her.

My point, pre-rant, was that if Hanner or who ever, wouldn't end up in some flop house because he missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. He earned that opportunity but these guys need to be made aware that there are consequences to actions. To whom much is given, much is expected.

I think it may be best for Emmitt to transfer at this point. This is a traumatic thing to happen to any 18 year old kid who is just starting out college, let alone an Indiana University basketball player who is now all over the internet, and has just embarrassed himself and the program. If I was the coach he would be off the team. If he'd want to stay at IU to continue his education that's one thing (after facing a disciplinary hearing with the IU administration), but in terms of suiting up and representing this program on a national stage? No.

omg.  Make it stop.

Do we have a player leader on this team who can say "Not a good idea guys"? Somehow they need to be policing/watching out for their teammates.

Sure would be nice if we had some law-abiding upperclassmen…but unless you count Zeisloft, the only upperclassmen we have got popped for alcohol-related reasons themselves. 

In reference to HoosierDribbler's post, sure three should be. However, there is no leadership on this team. There wasn't last year. Think about Yogi. One would assume he would be one of those leaders, especially considering he is one of the very few players on this team that's had the benefit of learning from upperclassmen like Hulls, Watford, VO, etc. But even Yogi made a seriously terrible mistake. With near complete roster turnover two consecutive years and signing kids last minute that coaches really don't know there is a serious void of responsibility and accountability.

Before anyone takes this the wrong way. I'm not blaming Yogi, Crean or anyone else for this incident. It could totally have been a freak accident between friends. I'm merely citing how sometimes issues like these can arise.

It's not like this was some random Tuesday during the school year that this happened, but last night was one of the biggest party nights of the year, and it happened to also fall on a Friday.

I thought they were out much later, but 12:45 am was when Davis got dropped off, which isn't that late.  Who knows, they could have called it an early night last night and headed in after just a beer or two.  Yes, I know they're still underage, but don't throw stones from your glass house.

found this over on reddit just a minute ago...

[–]IndianaGalt2112 [+2] 11 points

an hour ago

Holy s**t I think I saw this last night.

I drove past the football stadium at around 1 and saw somebody on the side of the road, motionless in the dirt with a ton of blood around his head. He was surrounded by 7-10 people. Some girl was trying to rouse him and he was not moving at all. I called 911 after we passed.

I've never seen anything like that in real life before

Hope for a full recover by DD and I hope everything gets sorted out right. Im curious to know the BAC of DD. It was reported that he ran out into the road for "unknown reasons". If Holt had been driving and had been drinking earlier, means that DD had been drinking as well and was most likely in worse shape. Pure speculation at this point. 
Putting this on Crean is ridiculous. IU already has the reputation of being a party school and a school where kids from all over indiana go to party on the weekends. Im a senior at Ball State and I know tons of people that travel to Bloomington on the weekends to party. Students are responsible for their own actions. They are adults, they know the rules and the law.

Hope Davis is ok. I am so dissapointed I am almost sick please nobody defend this accident we have a problem.

Too early to blame or to exonerate. This is time to pray and get more information. We will have time and more information later to figure out and discuss the details.