Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Don't forget AJ is coming into town this weekend..with a request for Bob Knight to show..lol don't think that will happen now..but who knows..check his Twitter feed it is interesting @ajguyton: “@KentSterling: @ajguyton It's gotten that bad, and maybe worse.”unbelievable, I've got some research to do, I didn't know

So happy for AJ. He’s earned the honor, and I am thrilled to see him get it.

As for Knight, well, meh. The university and the athletic department has bent over backwards to accommodate him. Every one of the staff that "offended" him are long gone, and Knight continues in his pompous arrogance. He has a standing invitation. He can either return and accept the accolades that will befall him, or he can go pound sand. I am so over anyone, especially the university that I love, continuing to kowtow to his petty tantrums. It’s time for him to come back home, but apparently, he needs to grow up first. IMO, RMK is a bitter old grump.

And apologies for derailing this thread. Back on topic:

Congrats, AJ. We’re proud of you!

Good try by AJ to get him here!

As I've said before---we should Motel 6 Coach Knight----meaning we will leave a light on and the door ajar if he ever wants to come back----he knows our room number and that we're under new management----but it's up to him to come to the door--- as we are frankly tired of begging him.

Understatement of the year. When you can't have former players and even ones that have coached with you at their alma mater get behind you, what do you have? Example 1 is the absolute lying by former UNC players and their sham courses trying to deflect blame from Coca Cola Roy. At IU you have a former B1G all time leading scorer leaving the staff and a top five lottery pick saying he could have done more and allegedly steering players away from the program. We are coming to a climatic end folks.

I forgot about this post until it was liked. Some of us see things much clearer than others . Now the coach is saying we have no leadership as his excuse for his program's problems. Never heard a head coach blame leadership before, but I certainly agree. Mind blowing denial and lack of what he doesn't have. His broad shoulders comment was the only time he has come close to accept blame for anything in his program, and we see the results.

Good try by AJ to get him here!

As I've said before---we should Motel 6 Coach Knight----meaning we will leave a light on and the door ajar if he ever wants to come back----he knows our room number and that we're under new management----but it's up to him to come to the door--- as we are frankly tired of begging him.

Sure looks like we need him more than he needs us. Not that we should be surprised.

You've never heard a coach blame his teams issues on poor leadership before?

I forgot about this post until it was liked. Some of us see things much clearer than others . Now the coach is saying we have no leadership as his excuse for his program's problems. Never heard a head coach blame leadership before, but I certainly agree. Mind blowing denial and lack of what he doesn't have. His broad shoulders comment was the only time he has come close to accept blame for anything in his program, and we see the results.

You've never heard a coach blame his teams issues on poor leadership before?

Not one where 40% of his team has been arrested and lays it all on them. Please tell me one time where Crean has taken blame for anything his team's have done on or off the court n his 7th year. Par for the course. Now compare him to a hall of fame football coach here in SC having a terrible year and guess what he says. "We aren't very good coaches now" or "we need to coach them better". You see the difference? A great leader certainly doesn't throw his players under the bus esp during these hard times unless he's no leader at all. And that's what we have at Indiana for another short year I'm willing to wait after 6 long ones.

Never going to get it. Still perpetuating 100% false information about Noah, as well, I see.... Sad.

As seen with the leak to Jeff Goodman, there is a wealth of misinformation out there about Crean and his program. Certain factions will believe anything if it fits their Brad Stevens fantasy.

You said you've never heard a coach blame leadership before. I don't know what all this other stuff has to do with it. Coaches blame poor leadership on their teams woes all the time. I never even mentioned Crean in my post.

Not one where 40% of his team has been arrested and lays it all on them. Please tell me one time where Crean has taken blame for anything his team's have done on or off the court n his 7th year. Par for the course. Now compare him to a hall of fame football coach here in SC having a terrible year and guess what he says. "We aren't very good coaches now" or "we need to coach them better". You see the difference? A great leader certainly doesn't throw his players under the bus esp during these hard times unless he's no leader at all. And that's what we have at Indiana for another short year I'm willing to wait after 6 long ones.

Never going to get it. Still perpetuating 100% false information about Noah, as well, I see.... Sad.

As seen with the leak to Jeff Goodman, there is a wealth of misinformation out there about Crean and his program. Certain factions will believe anything if it fits their Brad Stevens fantasy.

I got it along time go. The bigger question is when will you get it? You can't say all this is misinformation about our team or their lack of leadership when 6 of 13 are in trouble. Obviously you are in the same camp as coach saying all this is on our player leaders. Stan getting a 2 real game suspension for 2 failed drug tests and 1 alchohol and id arrest is the message he has been sending from day 1. The message has been sent from the head coach that 1. This behavior will be tolerated 2. This behavior will not be punished. At least my fantasies have a merit of hope. Yours are tired, useless, and shady. Time to stand up for the glory of IU.

You said you've never heard a coach blame leadership before. I don't know what all this other stuff has to do with it. Coaches blame poor leadership on their teams woes all the time. I never even mentioned Crean in my post.

Semantics which is alright to discuss. Even though you read my post and who I was discussing, I will paraphrase. A coach who will not or ever take blame is no leader. That same coach who will then say he has no leaders among his players is a hypocrit at best. The results of Crean's not having any leadership has resulted in his program. One that not many but a few apologists here find proudful. Is that helpful?

I agree with you on the point that Crean rarely takes blame after games, I don't like that either. I think that's weak, and I don't think it sets a good example for players or motivates them at all.

He has taken some of the blame this week though, if you're going to say he hasn't then you're either not paying attention or your lying because you hate him so much. I think you know he has, but you're jaded you refuse to look at anything concerning Crean objectively. He certainly deserves some of the blame, and he has accepted that. Will he change? That remains to be seen.

In general, he doesn't have leaders right now. He had leaders two years ago, so was he better leader himself then based on your theory that he doesn't have leaders now because he's a poor leader?

I don't know about you, but as a fan I expected Yogi to be a much better natural leader. I'm not not sure why he isn't, and I wouldn't really blame Crean for Yogi not being a better leader. I mean he's a point guard, he got to play/ learn from Hulls, Cody, VO, etc., everything was setup for him to be the next leader.

Semantics which is alright to discuss. Even though you read my post and who I was discussing, I will paraphrase. A coach who will not or ever take blame is no leader. That same coach who will then say he has no leaders among his players is a hypocrit at best. The results of Crean's not having any leadership has resulted in his program. One that not many but a few apologists here find proudful. Is that helpful?

I've been involved in a few thread hijackings and even I'm saying we should keep this thread about AJ.  Wanna talk about the pun...okay I won't use that word, it's far from an accurate description...the slap on the wrist Stan and Troy got, there's a thread for it.

You're right. This is about AJ and what's important to him like his former coach coming back for him. Obviously according to AJ, his coach made a big impression on who he is today and how he got there. AJ was one of our best ever. He lead by example and was clutch in big games because of his dedication. Congrats AJ; a true definition of a Indiana Hoosier legend.