Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

Just now, Free Jurkin! said:

Al's 3 turnovers at the end were not really asking too much of him. They were all pretty basic plays.

1. Forced a pass early in the shot clock to Green 30 feet from the hoop
2. Not even sure what that high pass out of bounds was
3. He was the logical ball handler because Phin was being denied. It's a 2 on 1. The pass was easy, or he could pull it out.

I think Al's turnovers are almost always him trying to do too much. When he's running point, his only real job is to make the first pass. He's not exactly leading the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He shouldn’t be asked to run point at all. It’s not what he is as a player. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

How exactly are either of them asked to do things outside their scope? Al especially.

He is a guard in the big ten. Those passes at the end of the game are within his “scope” as a big ten guard. Those were all on al. Stop trying to fault Archie for that, ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He shouldn’t be running an offense. And until a week ago we were asking Brunk to do something only mobile big men are capable of. Brunk isn’t a mobile big man. 

Archie has to play Al at point it’s a reality. But it shouldn’t be at the end of games. 

He shouldn’t be running an offense. And until a week ago we were asking Brunk to do something only mobile big men are capable of. Brunk isn’t a mobile big man. 

Archie has to play Al at point it’s a reality. But it shouldn’t be at the end of games. 

Agree with Brunk on the hedging. But he has been every bit as successful here as he was at Butler.

As for Al, he ran the team for a few minutes. That is what he would do no matter where he is playing. He made dumb passes. On him, no question

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Agree with Brunk on the hedging. But he has been every bit as successful here as he was at Butler.

As for Al, he ran the team for a few minutes. That is what he would do no matter where he is playing. He made dumb passes. On him, no question

Of course they are on him. But still setting him up to fail. Unfortunately if we had another ball handler he probably wouldn’t play that much. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

First of all, my mother would like to express her thanks to the Hoosiers for a wonderful 96th birthday present.

Secondly, are we pretty unanimous that Damezi will likely not be wearing cream and crimson next year?

Unless he really just wants to wear the uniform and doesn’t care about PT 

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

First of all, my mother would like to express her thanks to the Hoosiers for a wonderful 96th birthday present.

Secondly, are we pretty unanimous that Damezi will likely not be wearing cream and crimson next year?

I think there will be a conversation about it between him and the staff. But he did take a leap this year that I didn't expect. Not quite enough to be a effective obviously. 

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I think there will be a conversation about it between him and the staff. But he did take a leap this year that I didn't expect. Not quite enough to be a effective obviously. 

IMO that conversation has already taken place which accounts for his basically not getting any minutes. 

39 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Old Fart hanging out with “Even Older non-Fart!”

A few more takeaways for y’all:
1) Down six in the second half, PSU on a 21-2 run. Jerome Hunter takes one of his only two shots and nails a contested three. Jerome with zero tos in 21 minutes. 
2) Phin played like a savvy veteran: one turnover in 27 minutes, five steals, 7-8 ft, and the best at stopping the ball off the bounce on the team. Really solid.

Even more when we got down 6 we did not give up like we have some many other times. Instead we came out and played aggressively, passionately and fought our way back with effort.

Hunter hits that big 3 but we had a couple other possessions where we did not score but on defense were kept up the pressure. Race, TJD and Smith has some huge rebounds on the defensive end to limit PSU to 1 shot for most of the last 5 minutes of the game.

When we battle like that, even if the game gets ugly for a bit, we give ourselves a chance.