Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

DE' RON DAVIS INJURY UPDATES

Indiana announces De'Ron Davis will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery today to repair a torn achilles tendon. #iubb

Per Mike Miller

Dan Dakich suggested this was the injury. Bummer for DD but totally expected. Really hate seeing these kids have so many serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Loose Lips Dakich already told us this several days ago! I’ll bet the staff is hesitant to tell him much in the future because he just can’t keep his mouth shut. Anyway, I hate this for DeRon. I hope he comes back healed and hungry next year!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Well we have Davis back for next year now 

Maybe.   This type of thing could be a catalyst for him to re-think his IU career.  Pure speculation, but I doubt his first 2 years have gone at all like he thought they would and the people that recruited him are gone.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dan Dakich suggested this was the injury. Bummer for DD but totally expected. Really hate seeing these kids have so many serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minute penalty to Doc for liking his own post!   :farting_smiley:

Maybe.   This type of thing could be a catalyst for him to re-think his IU career.  Pure speculation, but I doubt his first 2 years have gone at all like he thought they would and the people that recruited him are gone.
It could go either way. Doesn't seem like the best fit for archies system though. He wasn't for crean either.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Indiana plays better without him; at least recently.   He looked out of shape the last few weeks, or at least not as "in shape" as he was earlier in the year; and his effort/statistics certainly faded.   Was also not a high-minutes guy for us, and played more than 20 just once since December 9th.   He played okay against Iowa and Louisville; but after that, scored 2, 7, 9, 9, and 2 against pretty inferior competition.    Generally shot a good %, but started out the season taking 7-8 shots a game, took just 4-5 in the last games he played.   

He was dropping off significantly; and other than depth, I don't think we lose much without him.   He needs to work a heck of a lot harder on his game and on his body if he wants to contribute like a starter on a good team.

I'm sure he's not satisfied with his first two years. I really hope he comes back, and I bet he does.

Good luck with your rehab De'Ron, come back angry!