Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They are doing just fine without him though. And he never built a championship contender. 

understood, but the OP of that statement basically was saying no alum has ever been successful coaching his alma mater.  Hoiberg certainly experienced relative success there, and it was highly unlikely he would have been fired.

Yep. His defense is excellent, but highly talented players don't want to play in his offense.

Kyle Guy sure seems to like it. And their top 10 class last year. Also brought in former 5 star Austin Nichols as a transfer. Obviously he got the boot but kids are warming up to him. Winning changes everything.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, thehelgo said:

understood, but the OP of that statement basically was saying no alum has ever been successful coaching his alma mater.  Hoiberg certainly experienced relative success there, and it was highly unlikely he would have been fired.

Fred wasn't called "the Mayor of Ames" for nothing. He was royalty there.

50 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sounds like something a guy named Dolson would ask. Very suspicious, "Tom", if that is your real name.

LMAO that's beautiful!!! Sounds like a line from "Hot and heroes".

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I am just trying to figure out how people think Alford would be a different coach at IU than elsewhere. Doesn't make sense to me. 

I think they imagine every single talented in state player will stay in state with him. Even if it means riding the bench. 

Any coaches left in tourney we are actually looking to add?

It's pretty much Alford.
Or an NBA guy.

That's what we are waiting on. The timing highly suggests Alford.

If it was Bennett, we'd know something by now. Same for Marshall. Same for Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Any coaches left in tourney we are actually looking to add?

It's pretty much Alford.
Or an NBA guy.

That's what we are waiting on. The timing highly suggests Alford.

If it was Bennett, we'd know something by now. Same for Marshall. Same for Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mike White

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app