Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, Uwe Robb said:

Goodman reporting Mizzou offered Cuonzo Martin job, he is mulling it over.

Martin wants back in the B1G.  However, I've read he likes Mizzou as well.  I believe Illinois is the only other job he'd consider right now.

8 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

It's normal for fans to panic.  Heck, we've been stuck with this mediocre coach 4 seasons longer than anyone wanted him.  So no news about his dismissal is unsettling to all.  Other programs understand the need to move on and haven't hesitated to make it public, see Illinois, Missouri, & NC State.  They all served notice that mediocre isn't good enough and put their fans at ease as far as knowing a change is coming.  Just that notice alone would make all Hoosier fans decade.   C'mon Glass, you'd become the most loved person in the state, at least until you announce the new coach and his name is not Billy, Gregg or Tony.  

Gregg wouldnt make him the most loved person in the state.

12 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I think 100,000 a yr is the minimum to be considered a big time booster but not positive. Could be more or less.

Even if IU won the NCAAT every year, what kind of an idiot would fork over $100,000/yr for a college athletic program?

Even if IU won the NCAAT every year, what kind of an idiot would fork over $100,000/yr for a college athletic program?

I think you've got a few people here at BTB you could sell your magic beans to, Mag!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I am assuming the kind of idiot with $100,000 to burn.

6 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I give at the Hoosier Loyalty level every year which is probably way too much for a guy that has been on the Season ticket waiting list since 2003.

#Non-Alumni problems

27 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'll still believe Crean is gone when it's announced, because I have no faith in Glass.

Talk about feeling conflicted, I want Crean gone but I have no faith in Glass to hire a top coach.

This was a question I was going to pose - even if he DOES fire Crean, how much confidence do you have that he'll hire one of the top coaches?

Now, I don't follow college football closely, but he's had a couple of opportunities with the football team and hasn't come close to that home run hire.  This may be because it's just no feasible with our history/tradition of suckage, but that shouldn't be the case in basketball.  For the record, I'm very nervous now about what caliber of coach FG might hire.

I have a feeling that in your small Alaskan village you're the taxman, sheriff, bartender, and Sunday school teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He also owns, operates, and is employed at the town broth.......never mind.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

My uncle works for Tom Spiece directly and even though the dude is going bankrupt he still donates a lot. He said that he had a meeting scheduled with him today but that he called and cancelled and said IU business as his reason. Sounds like a booster meeting is going down.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Spiece field house is amazing. Played a lot of great pick up ball there. The old store on coliseum was my go to place for kicks as a kid.