Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Am I crazy to think that Crean actually might not be all that interested in Mizzou? I've yet to see any real, hard evidence that anything is in the works there. I could've missed something.

Crean knows he will never have it as good as he does at iu. He would leave easily

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Anyone who would be upset with Gregg Marshall, yet be happy with Archie is either drunk or blind to facts.   All Gregg has done at both stops is WIN, WIN, WIN.   You cannot deny what he's accomplished.  Billy has 2 rings, Tony has he been to a FF?, Gregg has 4 out of past 5 with 30 wins.  Name another coach who's won 30 games 4 of the last 5.  Heck, name one who's won 30 games 3 out of past 5 seasons?    Gregg would be a home run hire, mark it down.  

The floor is higher with Marshall, but I'm not sure how high the ceiling is.  Undeniable improvement over Crean though.

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

Listening to Mike DeCoursey on Sterling's show.  I get the impression he (MD) has absolutely no idea what's going on with the program.

He sounds very much like an apologist. Will talk about how IU right now isn't playing like a blue blood but will turn around and apologize left and right.

2 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

He sounds very much like an apologist. Will talk about how IU right now isn't playing like a blue blood but will turn around and apologize left and right.

Yup.  Hedging.  He just characterized poor seasons as simply "not optimal".  LOL.

Crean doesn't have to have a job to land somewhere else for him not to be the coach at Indiana.  I'm almost certain that Crean will NOT leave on his own.  Indiana University has no obligation to worry about what happens to Crean on Day +1, beyond what is contractually obligated to do. 

This is the fork in the road.  Either Crean gets an extension or he is fired.  If he gets an extension, Glass is officially responsible for everything that happens on and off the court afterward.  

Personally, I think he's going to let him go, but I have no information or sources beyond what I read 'round these here internets.  I think Crean ends up on ESPN next year talking about how great Lorenzo Romar's preparation and shoot around skills are.  

1 minute ago, seihoosier said:

I respect all your opinions on Marshall.  I get the resemblance factor too.  It's not a deterrent for me though.  His record speaks for itself for me.  I wanted him when we hired Crean.  Albeit coming from Winthrop would have been a huge stretch to a place like IU tho.  Now, he's proven himself more.  That said, I'd take Billy, Tony, Gregg over what we have any day.  Heck, I'd even be happy with Alford over what we have.  Just not over other options.  lol 

I go back and forth on Alford.  Sometimes I feel I'd rather keep Crean, then I watch the game and suddenly Alford starts sounding better.

2 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

Biancardi was the same way last night. Even went as far as to imply next year's team could be a Sweet Sixteen team. These guys on the outside have no idea what's going on.

1 minute ago, Double Down said:

Crean doesn't have to have a job to land somewhere else for him not to be the coach at Indiana.  I'm almost certain that Crean will NOT leave on his own.  Indiana University has no obligation to worry about what happens to Crean on Day +1, beyond what is contractually obligated to do. 

This is the fork in the road.  Either Crean gets an extension or he is fired.  If he gets an extension, Glass is officially responsible for everything that happens on and off the court afterward.  

Personally, I think he's going to let him go, but I have no information or sources beyond what I read 'round these here internets.  I think Crean ends up on ESPN next year talking about how great Lorenzo Romar's preparation and shoot around skills are.  

Agreed, you have to extend him or fire him.  Going into a lame duck year with a team that won't be any better, its just going to cause an even more toxic environment.

1 minute ago, Double Down said:

Crean would find a work to talk about deflections.

Just now, Dizz said:

Agreed, you have to extend him or fire him.  Going into a lame duck year with a team that won't be any better, its just going to cause an even more toxic environment.

Imagine how toxic it'd be if Crean was extended, that is if people don't just tune out at that point.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I go back and forth on Alford.  Sometimes I feel I'd rather keep Crean, then I watch the game and suddenly Alford starts sounding better.

The positive about hiring Alford would be to finally shut up the ones that continually pimp for him.  The negative is that if he fails to meet expectations, he'll be waaaay harder to get rid of than Crean.