Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

42 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

A soft landing is important for Indiana and Fred Glass' reputation with future potential coaches. Crean won the B1G Title, B1G Coach of the Year, and went to the Sweet Sixteen last year. Not a great show of support if you start firing coaches after that kind of year. Just a bad look. Doesn't matter what everyone here believes the standard is, or what they believe we deserve. Try to look at it from a third party perspective...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think firing him is a bad look. I mean, the past four seasons he has finished 8th, 7th, 1st, 10th. Which one is the aberration? Sure he won the conference last year but he followed it up with his worst season since 2010-2011. We aren't firing him just because of one bad season. He has demonstrated an inability to put together a stable, consistent program. Add in his recruiting woes and I think it's understandable why we're firing him. His performance would get him fired at a number of schools. The media's gonna media but I don't think we should be worried about it being a bad look. Coaching candidates will realize that he was fired for his body of work and not this one season. 

Prepare to get destroyed lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm throwing in the towel. I can't keep supplying logic in the face of "but he's the IUBB golden child and will deliver us from evil. Amen."

BtownInsider still making bold statements... f0c4b4ae911e663f2d01fcab88092aaf.jpg

This dude is a broken record. That's all he keeps saying. If it happens he'll say he's super connected and everyone will listen to him. If it doesn't happen he'll get rid of that account and never post again.

Would bet money he is a Purdue or UK fan having fun. What person with sourced info jumps onto a random message board and shares all the dirt?

He's full of poop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Alford would come here and probably be the exact same as Crean.

Win the conference once or twice, get to a few Sweet 16s, but also have frustrating seasons of 19-12 or 17-14 sprinkled in between.

Then after 6 years we'd want him run out of town like the last guy, which would forever tarnish the legacy he has at IU.

Just now, IU Hoosier41 said:

This dude is a broken record. That's all he keeps saying. If it happens he'll say he's super connected and everyone will listen to him. If it doesn't happen he'll get rid of that account and never post again.

Would bet money he is a Purdue or UK fan having fun. What person with sourced info jumps onto a random message board and shares all the dirt?

He's full of poop. emoji90.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe but it's the most cordial trolling ever

18 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I am telling you man if Billy comes to IU this dude is going to forever live in IU forum mythology haha

He will either way.  If he's wrong he'll go down like "done deal" and be used to poke fun at strong claims in the future.

I don't think I'll watch if he's back but I applaud you for thinking positive. Crean needs to be fired because he clearly isn't the long-term answer. One recruit won't change that. 
If Crean is extended, the mood surrounding IU basketball will be crushed to an even greater low. Zero momentum with nothing to look forward to. 

I am just trying to find any if at all positives if he comes back. Now Borzello is saying Zona and KU are favorites for Waters but he has to be released first. If we got him it would definitely give our team a glimmer of hope but even if he is back an extension doesnt happen. Glass tells him he has it through 2020 so that is enough. Makes him prove his worth next season. At this point though it just feels like Glass will keep him around for awhile if he is brought back this year. I can't wait for the boos in AH during the NIT. If an announcement is made before it is going to be bad for Glass. That was the main reason I instantly thought Glass would regret accepting NIT bid if he does bring Crean back. If UCLA can lose their fan base so can we. I just want to get back to at least making tourneys every year. The occasional hope of a FF every 2-3 years. A B1G title every 3-4 years. The B1G is wide open. Izzo has probably 5 years tops and that would give a new coach plenty of time to build us back up to when he left we could dominate the conference. I am sure they will get a huge name when he does but idk. Now I am just rambling and off topic. My wind is gone. It will take a lot to get back to the excitement level for me if Crean is back but I will force myself to find a way.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app