Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

#11 IU vs #2 Kansas Game Thread

Let's get started on this discussion. A KU fan buddy of mine came in and was complaining about KU's exhibition game last night against Washburn. I guess their freshman Josh Jackson (#1 recruit in 2016) struggled initially in the game. Frank Mason did Frank Mason stuff and almost scored a triple double. He is going to be a tough matchup with TB. The kid can ball.  http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article111969697.html

Let's get started on this discussion. A KU fan buddy of mine came in and was complaining about KU's exhibition game last night against Washburn. I guess their freshman Josh Jackson (#1 recruit in 2016) struggled initially in the game. Frank Mason did Frank Mason stuff and almost scored a triple double. He is going to be a tough matchup with TB. The kid can ball.  http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article111969697.html

TB won't be matched up with Frank Mason my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm interested to see who starts this game. Kansas' starting lineup for their exhibition game is closer to what they'll start in the opener than IU.

Lucas - Bryant

That's the only sure matchup I see. Does OG guard Jackson or Bragg? Who gets first shot at defending Mason?

Statement that will be repeated throughout the season: if we keep turnovers down and defend the paint we'll have a chance to win.

What's up with Bragg? Big time flop so far. Was 5 star. Hardly played last year. Not a ton of minutes in that game either.

I like our odds much better after seeing Jackson struggle a bit and Bragg not dominant.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

They'll have him around a bit but will overpay their next 5 star recruit.

I'd like Rojo or Newkirk on Mason. OG on Graham, JB on Vick, Juwan on Bragg and TB on Lucas.

Something like that. That lineup gives us size advantage. Hoping TB, OG, Juwan log heavy minutes.

JB on Vick?

I'd like TB on Lucas, JMo on Bragg, starting guard not named JBJ on Mason, OG on whoever is scoring, and JBJ to just stay in front of their other guard.

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'd like Rojo or Newkirk on Mason. OG on Graham, JB on Vick, Juwan on Bragg and TB on Lucas.

Something like that. That lineup gives us size advantage. Hoping TB, OG, Juwan log heavy minutes.

OG will be on Josh Jackson.