Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

In my opinion the college OT is horrible. You need to keep playing football and not some gemic. It is like having a 3 point contest in basketball for OT
They both suck. It shouldn't be that hard. Both teams get a possession until a team ends with a point advantage.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

They both suck. It shouldn't be that hard. Both teams get a possession until a team ends with a point advantage.

All the Colts needed to do is stop the Rams and not allowed a TD and the would have gotten the ball. They had a chance to win in regulation and didn't do anything with that possession 

Jonathan Taylor would make a great politician or dodgeball player with the way he avoided questions from the media today;). 

Either way sounds like he is ready to play for the Colts now which is bottom line. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Jonathan Taylor would make a great politician or dodgeball player with the way he avoided questions from the media today;). 

Either way sounds like he is ready to play for the Colts now which is bottom line. 

Yep.  Play for today and show the colts or your next team what your value is.  Kind of a tough deal for RBs on the rookie contract who do not generally have a long shelf life but it is what it is at this point.

14 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Thought it was incredibly awkward and didn't feel authentic in any way shape or form. He's only playing because he absolutely has to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's "injured" for the majority of the remainder of the season.

Doesn't seem unauthentic or awkward at all... other than the media's insistence on asking him questions he doesn't want/have to answer. 

"media's job is to speculate, only thing that matters is what happens between these walls" is about as loud as you can tell people the relationship is mendable. 

20 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Thought it was incredibly awkward and didn't feel authentic in any way shape or form. He's only playing because he absolutely has to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's "injured" for the majority of the remainder of the season.

It did seem akward but him playing is a good first step.  As for him being injured the rest of the season, doesn't he run the risk of having his contract roll over if he misses a certain number of games?

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

It did seem akward but him playing is a good first step.  As for him being injured the rest of the season, doesn't he run the risk of having his contract roll over if he misses a certain number of games?

Pretty sure that is true. 

In general, I don't think RBs are in any position to turn down a contract extension from their original team. Feel like that's a pretty substantial risk to try that. 

All things go reasonably well in the next 13 games, I still think the Colts are the betting favorite for his services next season.  

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Pretty sure that is true. 

In general, I don't think RBs are in any position to turn down a contract extension from their original team. Feel like that's a pretty substantial risk to try that. 

All things go reasonably well in the next 13 games, I still think the Colts are the betting favorite for his services next season.  

I think once he plays, even if it's only one play, the rollover is done. If he really wants to leave, the best thing he could do is play and play well for the rest of the season. How many teams are going to want to give a big multi-year contract to a RB who has been injured most of the last two seasons? I think you're right though that his best bet is to stay with the Colts.

Think it's if he misses every game while not on IR. Play one game. Show other teams he's fine and sit. Not saying it will happen but wouldn't be surprised.

3 hours ago, bigrod said:

I think once he plays, even if it's only one play, the rollover is done. If he really wants to leave, the best thing he could do is play and play well for the rest of the season. How many teams are going to want to give a big multi-year contract to a RB who has been injured most of the last two seasons? I think you're right though that his best bet is to stay with the Colts.

I thought he had to play in 6 games for the contract to roll over

15 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I thought he had to play in 6 games for the contract to roll over

Could be - I'm just going off what I was told. I'm not even sure where to look that rule up.