Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

So, the committee not surprisingly does it this way: 1. 'Bama; 2. Michigan; 3. Georgia; 4. Cincy 

Guess you can't argue too much about that, but I laugh when the ESPN talking heads insisted that matchups had nothing to do with it. Matchups had EVERYTHING to do with it. They did not want Alabama and Georgia playing in the semifinals. Guess they gotta pretend that wasn't the case, but c'mon -- who do you think you're foolin' ... 

Kinda weird that if not for a ridiculously dumb decision by an Auburn running back to go out of bounds -- Alabama probably would not be in the CFP (although you never know -- the committee loves them some Crimson Tide). 

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Mario Cristobal headed home to Miami according to Miami Herald folks. Another big time job is opening. 

Other than leaving the mainland altogether, I wonder how many coaches have made a bigger moves (literally, not figuratively) than from Eugene, Oregon, to Miami, Florida. 

6 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Purdon't got basically a road game vs Tennessee in Nashville

Things did not go well for them last time they played in the Music City Bowl and I was in Nashville the last time UT played in it against Nebraska. It’ll be a sea of orange. 

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Other than leaving the mainland altogether, I wonder how many coaches have made a bigger moves (literally, not figuratively) than from Eugene, Oregon, to Miami, Florida. 

Yet to be seen if he actually leaves. Looks like he’s participating in Oregon bowl coverage so nothing is signed yet. BUT, there’s no way anyone has gone farther than OR to Miami within the lower 48. It’d basically have to be UW to Miami or vice versa right?

Brohm said - unsurprisingly - that Bell and Karlaftis are gone next year and is unsure if they’ll play in the bowl. They’re going to go down to Nashville and get taken behind the woodshed 2 bowl appearances in a row. 

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Manny Diaz with a parting shot as he leaves South Beach ... 

I thought this was awesome. He was treated so incredibly poorly the past few weeks and deserved to dump on them on his way out.

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I still don't get leaving Oregon for Miami. 

Going back home for a Cuban guy that was born, raised, and played his entire career in Miami is a pretty big deal. Not to mention it's going to be a lot smoother of a road in the ACC than in the Pac12 if Riley meets expectations at SC.