Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

31 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Nope, its Rugers

Man, the logistical nightmare that must be. And I’ll be stunned if Rutgers doesn’t get obliterated only based on them likely being in chill mode since their last game. 

16 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Somehow UCF +6.5 was +100 about an hour before kickoff. Jumped on that right away.

I don’t really gamble so I had no idea that was the line. Good lord that’s free money. Should’ve put your house on it. 

11 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Hawaii is pulling out of the Hawaii Bowl, meaning Memphis travelled all the way out there just for a free vacation.

Wouldn’t feel too terrible for the players. They still got to participate in the pre-game festivities and they got an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii, a place a lot of families have trouble affording. And I know for a fact some players historically would take the trip without having to play the game all day. Couple seniors maybe bummed, but mostly it’s a bummer for any fans that spent all that money to travel and didn’t get a game. Again though, they’re in Hawaii, so limits some of the sting there too. And at least they’ll get their money back for the tickets. The worse situation is the TX A&M withdrew. Those fans are in Jacksonville and have to try and sell tickets to a Rutgers fan last minute, or go watch two teams they don’t care about that is likely gonna be a blow out. 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, JerryYeagley23 said:

Wouldn’t feel too terrible for the players. They still got to participate in the pre-game festivities and they got an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii, a place a lot of families have trouble affording. And I know for a fact some players historically would take the trip without having to play the game all day. Couple seniors maybe bummed, but mostly it’s a bummer for any fans that spent all that money to travel and didn’t get a game. Again though, they’re in Hawaii, so limits some of the sting there too. And at least they’ll get their money back for the tickets. The worse situation is the TX A&M withdrew. Those fans are in Jacksonville and have to try and sell tickets to a Rutgers fan last minute, or go watch two teams they don’t care about that is likely gonna be a blow out. 

And as we all know, the worst place on Earth (besides West Lafayette) is Jacksonville, Florida.

Edited by IUFootballEndlessMisery

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Portal numbers update:

• 911 FBS scholarship players have entered since 8/1
  • 32 players withdrew
  • 243 players announced new schools
  • 27.6% of portal players have announced new schools
  • 636 FBS scholarship players remain in the portal

636 players with….maybe (?) half that many scholarships to be had is the dark side of the portal that kids don’t understand/care about. A decent chunk of that 636 are walk-ons though.