Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

Finally found a little more info on Trey Jemison who's reportedly popped up on the IU radar.  247 ranks him as a 4-star; 113th ranked nationally and #2 ranked player from Alabama.  This summer he's playing for Team Penny on the Nike circuit and his stats are not going to blow your socks off.  He's appeared in 16 games; he is not a starter and only averages 9 min./game and it's not because of chronic foul trouble.  So in very limited minutes he averaged 3 PPG and 3 reb/game.  Can't find anything that might explain his limited minutes such has recovering from an earlier injury.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Damezi Anderson, Robert Phinisee and Eric Hunter all said tonight that they plan to visit IU this month. #iubb
@insidethehall

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really like Anderson. He keeps putting up solid numbers and think he would be great here. Hopefully we offer soon, as he's been here multiple times and seems to want an IU offer.

The second junior all-star vs. senior all-star game is tonight in Plainfield ahead of this weekend's games against the Kaintucky all-stars.  Saturday's game will be played at Banker's Life Fieldhouse in Indpls.; Sunday's game in Frankfort, KY.

Tonight's game has an added twist with this announcement.

The IndyStar Indiana All-Stars will be without four players — two boys and two girls — for tonight’s exhibition games against the Junior All-Stars at Plainfield High School.

All-Star games director Charlie Hall said IndyStar Mr. Basketball Kris Wilkes of North Central, Jaylen Minnett of Terre Haute South from the boys team and New Albany’s Chyna Anthony and North Central’s Ajanae’ Thomas from the girls team will serve a one-game suspension for “conduct that violates team rules and policy.”

Hall said he would not comment further on the suspensions.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I've yet to see Phinisee excel in AAU or other summer activities. Don't think he's as good as he gets credit for on this site. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah, he hasn't had a great AAU showing this year. I wouldn't put a ton of stock into all-star games though. Guys are generally less focused and just trying to make flashy plays.