Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Random IUBB Recruiting

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Langford, Garland, King or 2019s are the only choices I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Langford and Garland are both in Europe for Adidas EuroCamp. Rabjohns is reporting from the NBPA Camp in Virginia so it's probably not either of them. Has to be King and one of the 2019 kids unless I'm missing something. Wiseman and Brooks are both in Virginia so they are possibilities. 

5 hours ago, goonaha said:

Langford and Garland are both in Europe for Adidas EuroCamp. Rabjohns is reporting from the NBPA Camp in Virginia so it's probably not either of them. Has to be King and one of the 2019 kids unless I'm missing something. Wiseman and Brooks are both in Virginia so they are possibilities. 

I believe Wiseman is in Argentina

Ummm...have you guys noticed which kids Archie seems primarily to be focused on for 2019?

For players over 6'6":

• Keion Brooks 5*
  • James Wiseman 5*
  • Trendon Watford 5*
  • Matthew Hurt 5*
  • Kofi Cockman 5*
  • Trayce Jackson Davis

That would be the year we lose Juwan and by then, potentially DeRon, and Archie is not playing around. The other killer-good news? Each of those five star kids (save for Cockburn as far as I can tell) seems to already have significant interest in IU.

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm...have you guys noticed which kids Archie seems primarily to be focused on for 2019?

For players over 6'6":

• Keion Brooks 5*
  • James Wiseman 5*
  • Trendon Watford 5*
  • Matthew Hurt 5*
  • Kofi Cockburn 5*
  • Trayce Jackson Davis

That would be the year we lose Juwan and by then, potentially DeRon, and Archie is not playing around. The other killer-good news? Each of those five star kids (save for Cockman as far as I can tell) seems to already have significant interest in IU.

Fixed it for you.  No charge this time!

Who Do we have the best shot at getting in 2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Great question. Who knows.

Louis King- we seem to sit about 4th or 5th.
Langford- top 2-3.
Garland- we have a chance but it's hard to see us winning. Currently 2nd or 3rd but lots can change.
Brandon Johns, Thompson-seems very possible.
Swider- I think we are way out on this one. Duke offer is a killer.
Carey- seem to have a legit shot. Top 3 or 4.

Phinisee, Jallow- we don't seem to making them top priority but time will tell. I'd rather have Carey or Garland over Phinisee as well so I get it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Great question. Who knows.

Louis King- we seem to sit about 4th or 5th.
Langford- top 2-3.
Garland- we have a chance but it's hard to see us winning. Currently 2nd or 3rd but lots can change.
Brandon Johns, Thompson-seems very possible.
Swider- I think we are way out on this one. Duke offer is a killer.
Carey- seem to have a legit shot. Top 3 or 4.

Phinisee, Jallow- we don't seem to making them top priority but time will tell. I'd rather have Carey or Garland over Phinisee as well so I get it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah 2018 is really hard to gauge right now. We seem to be in the top 4-5 with a lot of recruits, but none of them are giving off a real "IU is the leader" vibe. At this point I have no idea what our class is going to look like and wouldn't be surprised with quite a few different scenarios.

36 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Who Do we have the best shot at getting in 2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

In my guesstimate order of most-likelihood:

1. Brandon Johns: Seems like the overwhelming favorites are IU, Michigan, and maybe Purdue. We are at 50%+.
  2. Phinisee: Even if we get a superstar point, there are plenty of guard minutes and he could be the team QB as an upperclassman. I think we are the favorites here too.
  3. Damezi Anderson or Aaron Henry: I think we get an in-state 6'5" defensive minded swingman, and I think that if we push hard enough one of these two will be Hoosiers.
  4. Race Thompson: We are among the favorites. Equal or above amongst his top five.
  5. The prodigal son Romeo: I starting to see lots of reasons for him to be a Hoosier. Put us at 30% or better. Hopefully, UL gets hammered in ten minutes and those odds only get better.

A new 2018 guard to keep an eye on. David Duke out of Massachusetts. Looks like Bruiser Flint is working his East Coast connections on this one. 6'3" / 170 lbs. No scholarship offer from IU yet, but has been offered by a lot of good East Coast programs. Ranked #63 on 247 composite.

From Scout:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Four-star combo guard David Duke continues to be one of the more intriguing guards on the East Coast, and remains active in the recruiting process.

Four-star combo guard David Duke has seen his stock explode over the last nine months. Duke, who starred for the Mass Rivals in the spring, has picked up numerous offers, and is just now beginning to take a long look at the schools high on his list.
About his spring, Duke said, "I think I played well this spring. We didn’t lose any games in the Gauntlet. I have definitely worked hard on my shooting and my ball handling, and just getting my teammates involved and communicating more."

On the recruiting trail schools such as Villanova, Providence, Indiana, Kansas, Florida, Virginia, Syracuse, and Virginia Tech have all made Duke a top target.

David Duke is one of the faster rising members of the 2018 class. He has terrific athleticism and shows a good feel for the game from the point guard position. In college he should be a tremendous defender because of his lateral movement, length, and quick twitch athleticism. On the offensive end he shows the ability to make shots, though that can be inconsistent, and is an excellent passer who can set up teammates. Duke likely will play point guard, but also should be comfortable off the ball. His upside is tremendous, now it is a matter of putting all of his physical tools together and being consistently dominant game to game.

Locally the Friars have been extremely active recruiting Duke, and continue to try and land him as well as AAU teammate A.J. Reeves.
"They definitely think that we could win together and that it’d be a great thing to keep the local guys home, so that is basically what they say," said Duke of Providence.

Another school that has been extremely active recruiting Duke is Villanova. The Wildcats are looking to add a guard or two to this class, and Duke is one of their top targets.
"They tell me that I fit their playing style and that I can come in and play right away," noted Duke. "Also they like that I play both offense and defense, and things like that."

A school that could get a visit from Duke in August is Florida, and the Gators remain in very close contact with him.
"I definitely like Florida," noted Duke. "I am in contact with Coach (Darris) Nichols and Mike White a lot. They are as involved in my recruitment as any school."

Also the Indiana Hoosiers have started to really pick up the interest in Duke, and he has been in consistent contact with the new coaching staff in Bloomington.
"They just talked to me recently," said Duke. "Coach (Bruiser) Flint and Coach (Archie) Miller are talking to me, and remain very interested. They want to be in that final category with all of those schools."

For now Duke says he is in no hurry to make a commitment, and that he remains open in the process.
"I’m just completely open right now," said Duke. "Probably by the end of the summer I will be cutting down my list and putting it out."
He continued, "I am looking at playing style and if it fits me, and also relationship with the coaches and how my parents feel about them. Just basically it is wherever fits me the best."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app