Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

NCAA Tournament Final 4 Thread

Sir, you clearly devote to much of your time into hate of people, or programs. While, I clearly have a rooting interest, hate does not become a part of it, its called competiveness. Just wow.

Ive already seen everything you have posted as it's constantly been told me to every year. I never said you had to like him or hate him. I don't think anyone was on here saying he was a good person either.

All defenserocks did was point out that Coach K is a prick, as evidenced once again, by his lecturing of Brooks. It was a relevant point, and I don't get why biteoftheapple has an issue with someone researching their opinion.

1 hour ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Ive already seen everything you have posted as it's constantly been told me to every year. I never said you had to like him or hate him. I don't think anyone was on here saying he was a good person either.

Well, I was being called out for my "hate" of him being over the top.  I'm just trying to show why I strongly dislike him.  There's valid reasons to dislike Coach K.  I don't think it's any different than wanting to see Calipari and Kentucky fail.  Granted, Kentucky's issues (as a whole) go back to Rupp.  

I would damn near do anything to have Coach K here.

I think that would be the general consensus. No I don't think Coach K is the perfect person and he may not be clean like some people claim. But IMO he is the greatest of all time. Enjoying my last few years of the Coach K era. It's been a hell of a ride.

All defenserocks did was point out that Coach K is a prick, as evidenced once again, by his lecturing of Brooks. It was a relevant point, and I don't get why biteoftheapple has an issue with someone researching their opinion.

No issue here just stated the hate is real in a friendly manner

1 hour ago, Defenserocks28 said:

And then, beyond all that, Coach K dismisses Sulaimon a year after sexual assaulting a female, because, by that point, K figured he wasn't getting the basketball prowess from Sulaimon that he expected.  

I take issue with pretty much everything you said (The refs "gave" Duke two titles? You're not given a title. Ever.), but I wanted to point this out. Claiming that K covered up a sexual assault is a disgusting accusation to make. There were rumors (100% rumors that were never officially reported, IIRC) that Sulaimon had sexually assaulted a girl. Duke completely investigated those claims and found them to be false. Sulaimon was kicked off the team, because he was an awful influence with his attitude. He fought back against the coaching staff. He was kicked out of practice on multiple occasions and put in the dog house and didn't see PT as well. You need to be extremely careful about stating that Coach K covered up a sexual assault when it's completely untrue. 

I understand people don't like Coach K (I do think a lot of the hatred for Duke is unfounded though). There isn't a single person that everybody likes, but he's proven over time to be a winner, a leader, and a good person. Sure he's hypocritical at times. Sure he gets away with more bitching at the refs than most people. He's also possibly the greatest coach ever and he'd take a bullet for any of his players. 

Anyway, **** off Carolina.

40 minutes ago, KB0 said:

I take issue with pretty much everything you said (The refs "gave" Duke two titles? You're not given a title. Ever.), but I wanted to point this out. Claiming that K covered up a sexual assault is a disgusting accusation to make. There were rumors (100% rumors that were never officially reported, IIRC) that Sulaimon had sexually assaulted a girl. Duke completely investigated those claims and found them to be false. Sulaimon was kicked off the team, because he was an awful influence with his attitude. He fought back against the coaching staff. He was kicked out of practice on multiple occasions and put in the dog house and didn't see PT as well. You need to be extremely careful about stating that Coach K covered up a sexual assault when it's completely untrue. 

I understand people don't like Coach K (I do think a lot of the hatred for Duke is unfounded though). There isn't a single person that everybody likes, but he's proven over time to be a winner, a leader, and a good person. Sure he's hypocritical at times. Sure he gets away with more bitching at the refs than most people. He's also possibly the greatest coach ever and he'd take a bullet for any of his players. 

Anyway, **** off Carolina.

Here's what I've read about the sexual assault allegation: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/03/02/duke-reportedly-knew-of-sexual-assault-allegations-against-rasheed-sulaimon-since-march-2014/

If you post evidence demonstrating the women made it up (or Duke's investigation found nothing was wrong), then I will most certainly apologize for my earlier post (heck I'll delete it if it's better to not even have it out there). I searched online for Duke's investigation and have been unable to find it.  And that's part of my issue with the entire situation. I don't see any evidence they actually did perform an investigation. http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/03/05/rasheed-sulaimon-duke-blue-devils-mike-krzyzewski-investigation

Edit: My point still stands that it wasn't the sexual assault allegations that got Rasheed kicked off.  It was, as you pointed out, fighting with  coaching staff, cancer in locker room, etc.  

I'd be ok with coach K calling that Oregon player out IF he did the same to Allen all year for his antics. Maybe he did, I'm not in the locker room. But doesn't seem like Allen listened. Coach K might paint what Allen does in the stroke of competitiveness. When does competitiveness cross over into bad sportsmanship?

To Grayson Allen's defense, I saw nothing wrong with how he brushed off the Oregon player after the game. The Oregon guy seemed to be talking a lot. Just better off getting away from that. It's just Allen's shenanigans during the year that made that a story

26 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

Here's what I've read about the sexual assault allegation: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/03/02/duke-reportedly-knew-of-sexual-assault-allegations-against-rasheed-sulaimon-since-march-2014/

If you post evidence demonstrating the women made it up (or Duke's investigation found nothing was wrong), then I will most certainly apologize for my earlier post (heck I'll delete it if it's better to not even have it out there). I searched online for Duke's investigation and have been unable to find it.  And that's part of my issue with the entire situation. http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/03/05/rasheed-sulaimon-duke-blue-devils-mike-krzyzewski-investigation

Edit: My point still stands that it wasn't the sexual assault allegations that got Rasheed kicked off.  It was, as you pointed out, fighting with  coaching staff, cancer in locker room, etc.  

Perhaps, rumors is the wrong term, if so I apologize, but he was never formally accused. http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2015/03/rasheed-sulaimon-center-sexual-assault-allegations-prior-dismissal

"Separate allegations of sexual assault by Sulaimon came from two female students in the 2013-14 academic year. Both students voiced allegations publicly, but neither filed a complaint through the Office of Student Conduct or took legal action through the Durham Police Department. The students declined to discuss their allegations with The Chronicle."

Here are Sulaimon's statements on the situation: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12787744/rasheed-sulaimon-denies-assault-says-dismissal-was-separate-matter

I'm not sure why he would be kicked off for allegations if they were thoroughly investigated and found to be untrue.

Well, I was being called out for my "hate" of him being over the top.  I'm just trying to show why I strongly dislike him.  There's valid reasons to dislike Coach K.  I don't think it's any different than wanting to see Calipari and Kentucky fail.  Granted, Kentucky's issues (as a whole) go back to Rupp.  

No issue here just stated the hate is real in a friendly manner

From numerous conversations with Dukie both in the forum and privately Id be willing to bet he was joking with the hate is real comment. Lol

18 minutes ago, KB0 said:

Perhaps, rumors is the wrong term, if so I apologize, but he was never formally accused. http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2015/03/rasheed-sulaimon-center-sexual-assault-allegations-prior-dismissal

"Separate allegations of sexual assault by Sulaimon came from two female students in the 2013-14 academic year. Both students voiced allegations publicly, but neither filed a complaint through the Office of Student Conduct or took legal action through the Durham Police Department. The students declined to discuss their allegations with The Chronicle."

Here are Sulaimon's statements on the situation: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12787744/rasheed-sulaimon-denies-assault-says-dismissal-was-separate-matter

I'm not sure why he would be kicked off for allegations if they were thoroughly investigated and found to be untrue.

Thanks for finding those articles.  Very interesting and informative reads.  I will apologize for saying Coach K covered up sexual assulat.  That was certainly not a good choice in wording and I will immediately edit my previous comments to reflect that.

Coach K was certainly aware that there were accusations being made by two female students that Rasheed had raped them and does not appear to have pursued an investigation into the allegations (well, at least not a formal one, which, as you mentioned, is because they never filed a formal complaint.    

In October 2013, a female student said in a large group session at the student-led diversity retreat Common Ground that Sulaimon had sexually assaulted her, three retreat participants said. At the following semester’s Common Ground retreat beginning in February 2014, a second female student said she had been sexually assaulted by Sulaimon, according to four retreat participants.

Senior Lincoln Wensley, a former secretary in the Duke basketball office and current intern for the Office of News and Communications, became aware of the allegations Jan. 21, 2015 when he heard a fellow intern mentioning what she called "the next big Duke scandal."

“And that Coach K had known and knew that Rasheed had these rumors swirling about him and that Kevin White had also known.” —Lincoln Wensley

Wensley followed up with the intern, who said she was best friends with a female student who alleged she had been sexually assaulted by Sulaimon.

“We started texting that Wednesday night,” Wensley said. “She informed me that one of her friends had been raped by Rasheed Sulaimon…. [She] was very upset and had known for some time about this because of the Common Ground retreat. She expressed an interest in taking action herself, but obviously [was] scared because of the power the men’s basketball team possesses on this campus.”

The anonymous affiliate reiterated Plizga's statement that there were other factors that contributed to Sulaimon's dismissal.

“It should have been a long time ago. [Krzyzewski’s] never [dismissed a player] before,” the anonymous affiliate said. “I don’t think he knew where the line was. I think he really didn’t want to do it. It’s pretty incomprehensible.”

I think Coach K is slyly and covertly crooked as Heck. He is the best at it. Better than Calipari who gets caught every 4-8 years. I don't like him much after this season in particular with the handling of GA and Max and a few other whiny moments. I respect him, no doubt. I think he is the best cheater around. Not sure how he does it TBH.

Self is getting pretty darn good at it too. He takes all the questionable recruits and never seems to get caught cheating. Precisely why I think Thon Maker ends up there. He can handle all the NCAA stuff somehow. Few game suspension maybe. That's all. Always on the player.

College basketball is very crooked. Tons of stories about Louisville paying off bribes. The local Louisville stories are wild. One of them came out recently. Lol.

So IU would rather play ND than Wisconsin, right?

Torn. Wisconsin seems "hot" right now. Nigel Hayes has been playing poorly, and they're still winning. But at the same time, I'm not eager to face Demetrius Jackson and Zach Augustine. ND would play into our fast pace though.