Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm not that concerned about the "where" of the announcement.  Most of these kids make their announcement at their schools with the high school coach present.

Right, and the assumption it's bad in this case is predicated on the idea it'll be a pro-VU crowd. That's...not a great reflection of Nashville, imo. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He's going to Vandy. Oh well. 

I really try not to get into the ebbs and flows of recruitments but I agree. I don’t think he would announce right before IU’s first game against a ranked opponent. Won’t all of IU’s media be at the game too? Vandy doesn’t have a game that night, either. I just don’t see it.

Countless Indiana prospects have announced at their high school for schools other than IU over the past two decades but here we go with "it's at his tiny private high school so it must be Vandy". Spare me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Countless Indiana prospects have announced at their high school for schools other than IU over the past two decades but here we go with "it's at his tiny private high school so it must be Vandy". Spare me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea I️ don’t get people freaking out about this. Making announcement at your school is very common practice. When I️ was in school they used to do it on our library and students could get passes from the player to allow them to go to the signing. This isn’t a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

Why hasn't Archie visited since HH? He has to of known IU is a lock or has no shot since then

We've never really been in this.  He's trying to get Romeo to Vandy and from what I hear is doing a good job of it.

1 minute ago, Me So Hornsby said:

So the announcement could still be on ESPN, we play on ESPN that night against Seton Hall. Could be a nice intro to the entire fan base just before the game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

As conspiracy theories go, this is both more pleasant and more plausible than the idea that IU is doomed because he's announcing at his high school.

7 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

So the announcement could still be on ESPN, we play on ESPN that night against Seton Hall. Could be a nice intro to the entire fan base just before the game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, lillurk said:

As conspiracy theories go, this is both more pleasant and more plausible than the idea that IU is doomed because he's announcing at his high school.

IU/Seton Hall is on FS1, for what it's worth.

Edited by lillurk
Changed BTN to FS1