Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

But it's against IU and we lose the big ones too.

Someone has to win this one. (Insert partially joking tone)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel you haha. Give Archie time, and we will be competing with the big dogs on many recruitments. I'm happy with next year's class already, so even one of Romeo Or DG would be a cherry on top

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Still waiting for someone to honestly tell me why this is such a bad sign for IU.

Because after you announce your commitment, you want to talk about it. Think of all the Q&As that get posted at ITH and Peegs right after. With Darius, all the Indiana media will be in New Jersey and completely occupied for the next several hours covering a game taking place. To say nothing of the coach to whom Darius would be committing. Maybe this really was the best time available for the Garlands. But it sure seems like if he was going to commit to Indiana, a more convenient time slot could have been chosen.

People on here are already resigned to years of mediocrity. Some are happiest seeing IU struggle. It really is pathetic.

Nope. The fanbase is just on the edge of our seats for a #breakthrough. The last 25 years have been rough. We've been teased by Crean and have become used to accepting mediocrity.

Until things change it'll be the norm for the fanbase to not expect great things.

Archie at least gives the fanbase hope.

So wait all of our media outlets are one man outfits? Wow they sure are good then. Seriously if there is a reason for our media to be there, I’m sure they will be there. That’s why there are, wait for it, MULTIPLE EMPLOYEES

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

While I at first didn't think it was a great sign for him to announce during our game, my father in law (a Kentucky fan) stated that Keldon Johnson is announcing tomorrow during the UK football game and is (presumably) picking UK.  I know it's slightly different because its a different sports game at the same time, but relatively similar.  Could just be the only time that worked...we will have media down there regardless of what else was going on...

I'm holding out hope, although it is starting to falter slightly.

I'm really not stressing.  This is only the beginning of what will be a lot of great years at IU.  Check back in a couple years and this IF he chooses Vandy won't mean jack.  We've got a coach most would die to have.  Great kid, great player, but not gonna treat this as defining moment for the future of IU.  Would love to have him but many more to come in the future.  
No but it would put on b's k on the map a year earlier. It would be a big let down.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just say we lock up this thread till Tuesday.

As long as I have believed them to be a package deal(long time) off info, I don't think Romeo says no to us. U of L was the leader for awhile so at one point he was okay playing without Garland. I know they WANT to, but it isn't set in stone. If we miss on Garland, I'm still very confident we get Romeo. Archie will do his part with this team. We have a bright future because Archie will at worst get top 100 kids and that is enough for him. The 5 stars will be nice though. 

I'm moving on in my mind. I just don't see it being us based on the last week or so of developments.

Worried about Langford too, to be honest. I'm not convinced Arch can pull a rabbit out of his hat in 1 year with these guys we have now. If the Langfords base their decision on our ability to win this year, I'm worried.

Either way, I'm not going to let myself stress with recruiting like I did with Crean, because I have more faith in Archie overall. Just not so sure we get Garland or Langford. We'll survive, it'll just be a slower build.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
And yet after HH it seemed to many we had both.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Because after you announce your commitment, you want to talk about it. Think of all the Q&As that get posted at ITH and Peegs right after. With Darius, all the Indiana media will be in New Jersey and completely occupied for the next several hours covering a game taking place. To say nothing of the coach to whom Darius would be committing. Maybe this really was the best time available for the Garlands. But it sure seems like if he was going to commit to Indiana, a more convenient time slot could have been chosen.

No they won't. I guarantee someone from Peegs and ITH will be in Nashville. They don't have to roll 10 deep to games. They can cover important announcements too, and not a random November game on the East Coast. Usually a commitment is all about the kids schedule and not everyone else. Plus hard to work around IUs schedule during the signing period at this point.

I just say we lock up this thread till Tuesday.

As long as I have believed them to be a package deal(long time) off info, I don't think Romeo says no to us. U of L was the leader for awhile so at one point he was okay playing without Garland. I know they WANT to, but it isn't set in stone. If we miss on Garland, I'm still very confident we get Romeo. Archie will do his part with this team. We have a bright future because Archie will at worst get top 100 kids and that is enough for him. The 5 stars will be nice though. 

Well said.