Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Eric Hunter to Purdue

They could never dial in on like 20 guys and just stay on them. We were all over the place and the 20 we were on one week was different the next. Always chasing the next shiny penny when we had a bucket of them in our yard

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This might be my favorite analogy for IUBB recruiting under FCTC I've ever heard

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

They could never dial in on like 20 guys and just stay on them. We were all over the place and the 20 we were on one week was different the next. Always chasing the next shiny penny when we had a bucket of them in our yard

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I keep pennies in a jar in my closet. Never seen a bucket of pennies in the yard.

ZiYWq7h.gif

From endlessmotor.net a recap of Hunter's performance at last weekend's Hensley Run n Slam.

Most Intriguing: Eric Hunter (2018/6’3/Indiana Pros)

Weekend Wrap-Up: The southpaw from Indy showed off ballhandling and creating skills that not many give him enough credit for. Known for being a knockdown shooter, Eric’s ability to create space with change of direction and speed dribbles really stood out on Saturday in pool play. Hunter did that in isolation sets consistently, and converted on a plethora of perimeter shots from both midrange and distance. He also used that handle to get to the rim and finish on a few occasions as well. While his scoring prowess is never in doubt, his vision is what really caught our attention. He found teammates with no look dimes for easy buckets after the helpside defense committed to cutting off his driving lane. If he can continue to display point guard like ability, he is an intriguing prospect that is going to be a major steal for whatever school he ends up at.

Stock Prediction: Sitting somewhere between 80-130 by most national rankings services, we like Eric to move up a bit to the 65-75 range by the end of Summer. Hunter’s shooting and scoring ability is well known, but the development of his ballhandling and vision is what takes him to another level. He’s also a better athlete than given credit for.

Recruitment: Eric holds offers from Xavier, Purdue, IUPUI, Minnesota, Kent Sate, Butler, East Carolina, Nebraska, Ball State, Creighton and Fort Wayne. Several other Big Ten schools are also showing interest and we expect Hunter to collect more offers this summer as his play has been impressive.

http://endlessmotor.net/2017/05/21/2018-guard-eric-hunter-still-wide-open-but-has-a-visit-in-mind/

The sharpshooting lefty’s offer list includes Butler, Minnesota, Creighton, Purdue, Xavier and Nebraska among others.

In addition to the aforementioned programs, Eric reports interest from Michigan, Missouri, Arkansas, Ohio State, and Indiana.

There are four programs in particular that Hunter is hearing from the most.

“Purdue, Xavier, Nebraska, and Minnesota are the schools showing the most interest.”

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Final 6 Coming sooner than expected...emoji102.png #Decisions

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just don't have the feeling he's been a real hot target for our staff especially since we've not extended any offer.  I'll be surprised if we make his cut.