Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Wisconsin Post Game Thread

IU had plenty of opportunities to close the game out in regulation. It is hard to win games when only 2 people show up to play (Yogi and TB). Blame the refs if you wish but that isn't the reason IU lost by any means. As frustrating as it is to watch what happened tonight, IU couldn't have stopped Hayes and Happ for whatever reason if they tried. Ultimately it cost them the game. Just my two cents.

I am not saying I am right or wrong, but Crean said some of players were under the weather.. It had to be OG as he looked nothing like himself.

Also Wisconsin plays ugly, wins and loses ugly.  We had our chance and lost, but unlike most of the other times we were right there at the end. 

Also Bad Troy tonight, did not help...

Yogi played his heart out.....  Live and learn and move on...

Agreed. How do you defend if you're afraid of getting a whistle for just playing the game? Still had chances to overcome, but goodness...

Would have tried to double Nigel and let someone else beat us. I also have no idea why TB has to guard Happ 15 feet from the basket when he has no jump shot. Happ just ran by him. Play the Cody 1 man zone there.

Hayes had to have had more ft's than the whole iu team, happ was a hack-a-shaq in reverse. Yogi's blocking foul was a charge. Period. If the refs can't figure out that an offensive player cannot move the defender's hands away EVERY time they get the ball, either by pushing the arms away, or slapping, then they have absolutely no business being officials. The moral of the story is $@!$!!!!!$$$$#:÷$$!

IU had plenty of opportunities to close the game out in regulation. It is hard to win games when only 2 people show up to play (Yogi and TB). Blame the refs if you wish but that isn't the reason IU lost by any means. As frustrating as it is to watch what happened tonight, IU couldn't have stopped Hayes and Happ for whatever reason if they tried. Ultimately it cost them the game. Just my two cents.

The refs were a huge reason for the loss! It wasn't just the fouls they called on us, it was the ones they missed on them. More specifically on Happ chicken winging almost every time on the block. Didn't get called once.

I hate that stuff. Unless he's laying into the boys...

Seems odd. He was actually smiling and talking with a lot of Wisconsin players after the game. Did not seem agitated then and we have seen him mad after games before

difference was melo hit his shot at the end of the game, yogi missed his anyone else think he could of drew a foul on Hayes

Yes 100%. Had him in the air, flying toward him. If he just jumps into Hayes and falls down.....Hayes was way in the air. Should have looked for the contact. Frankly surprised he didn't.

Didn't say they didn't suck I'm just saying IU seemed content to let the game be called that way. Made 0 adjustments defensively. A lot of those fouls were legit. We act like this doesn't happen at Assembly Hall as well.

Dukie, come on man I was trying to start a fight lol. Ugh :)

In all seriousness, we both agree IMO. Refs sucked, no adjustments made, yeah. I predicted a loss so I'm not all that surprised or mad, just felt the refs let Wisconsin do whatever, and IU got called for the same stuff.

At one point, IU had guys with 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, and 3 fouls. Wisconsin had 4 and 3. That was before we started hacking to get them to the free throw line. I agree, I don't like blaming the refs, but I'm calling them out for being horrid.