Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana @ Nebraska - Post-game thread - 1/2

That is way too many. 11 in two games... TW is terrible. He will be a senior here next year, still turning it over. Rant over sorry.

Ps. That's why I haven't been posting this year.

Well he cleaned it up from his 7 turnover 11 points off turnovers against Rutgers...  Moving in the right direction?

It's got to be what, 1.25 hours? Less? I'm not sure the route they have to take for the wind right there. Less on the way back I'm sure.

You can get from Bloomington to STL in about that time in a crappy single-prop. I bet that's a nice flight in a jet regardless of wind.

Well he cleaned it up from his 7 turnover 11 points off turnovers against Rutgers... Moving in the right direction?

I assume this is sarcasm, but I'll address it any way. Troy gets 7 turnovers in 27ish minutes. Tonight he has 4.

That is terrible for a kid that thinks he is a pro.

I wish he was a pro. I wouldn't have to watch him dribble into traffic with no clue what the end result will be and turn it over next year.

But again that is really on crean for even allowing these kids to play so sloppy with no leash.

OG was awesome and was last game as well. That is a positive. Bryant was very good tonight as well. I hope he continues to avoid fouls. That will be a key for this team. Rojo has had two poor games. I expect him to bounce back, but am more interested in him having a good game away at this point. Yogi played passive in the first half, but had a nice second.

I'd add no JBJ. He's is absolutely awful on defense, and his mistakes defensively impact not just him, but his teammates too.

Why was the defense so much better?

Three freshmen. The most important of which only played six minutes against Rutgers.

Huge kudos to TB and the coaching staff for dramatic defensive improvement by the big fella since the start of the season.

Troy ONLY had 4 turnovers.  Nebrasketball had 9 points off those 4 TW turnovers.

It's to the point where Crean has to forbid him from dribbling the ball in any full court situation. He needs to find a guard and give up the rock. He's regressed from last year in my opinion with his turnovers, which is truly amazing.

I'd add no JBJ. He's is absolutely awful on defense, and his mistakes defensively impact not just him, but his teammates too.

With about five minutes to go in the game my son told me it was great to watch an IU game when I wasn't complaining about JBJ's defense throughout. lol

Not a great game but I will take it. Last time I enjoyed a game of ours was Creighton as well. RJ and Troy wtf? Colin needs to tighten up his defense but I like his toughness. TB is really good, just need more rebounding . More OG for sure but I like him first off the bench. We all know Troy is going to start.

It's to the point where Crean has to forbid him from dribbling the ball in any full court situation. He needs to find a guard and give up the rock. He's regressed from last year in my opinion with his turnovers, which is truly amazing.

But he never will, because letting anyone take the ball up is part of the Crean Offense's strategy to speed up play and catch defenses off guard. Troy would be better if he could stop that and they could run actual offensive plays instead, but it's just not part of the offense.

But he never will, because letting anyone take the ball up is part of the Crean Offense's strategy to speed up play and catch defenses off guard. Troy would be better if he could stop that and they could run actual offensive plays instead, but it's just not part of the offense.

We need to start having Bryant bring the ball up!