Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

Maui misery thread. Consolation game vs ST Johns

Given the athleticism he has, he is by far the worst defender on this team. You have to start somewhere. He's a terrible defender, take a decent amount of bad shots, usually doesn't shoot well on the road or in neutral court games. The guy is a great talent, but isn't a "winning" player. I said this in another thread last week, but he reminds me of Ricky Davis, puts up great numbers, but his team never won anything of note.

Come on, you are being a bit hyperbolic. Everybody is getting torched in D this season, some more than others. But Blackmon is not responsible for giving up 35 points a a game.

The hallmark and legacy of a TC team is the inability to hold a lead.
Btw.... Really surprised we didn't heave a Hail Mary inbounds pass with 12 secs to go....
To me.... Too many individuals and not enough team play.

Almost everybody looked like hot garbage yesterday, lets be honest. He and Troy were the ones punished for it. 

Yes, when you account for 4 turnovers and go 1-8 (JBJ) and 5 turnovers and only 3 rebounds (Troy) you should be punished. Biefeldt was also benched. Yogi had a solid performance, but it's hard to get anything done when you've got two guys using a lot of the possessions turning it over 9 times and chucking up poor shots left and right.

Come on, you are being a bit hyperbolic. Everybody is getting torched in D this season, some more than others. But Blackmon is not responsible for giving up 35 points a a game.

It was an example. I understand where you are coming from, but it's not just about scoring. He constantly gets beat which hurts our post defense. He makes bad decisions with the ball most of the time. He also takes contested and forced shots when other guys are open. Yogi and Troy do too, and I call them out on it. Yogi will play defense and get others involved. It's just not about scoring, and RoJo has been playing WAY much better overall. Can't be all in on his points.

It was an example. I understand where you are coming from, but it's not just about scoring. He constantly gets beat which hurts our post defense. He makes bad decisions with the ball most of the time. He also takes contested and forced shots when other guys are open. Yogi and Troy do too, and I call them out on it. Yogi will play defense and get others involved. It's just not about scoring, and RoJo has been playing WAY much better overall. Can't be all in on his points.

I get that it's not all about points, but Blackmon was averaging 5 boards and 3 apg as well. Trust me, I know how iffy is defense is, but Bryant was the worst defender on the court yesterday imo, and it wasn't close. 

I get that it's not all about points, but Blackmon was averaging 5 boards and 3 apg as well.

Yes and that's great, but he also averages over 3 turnovers a game. He has more turnovers than assists in the season. Troy is even. RoJo has 5 more assists than TO's. JBJ averages 6 more minutes a game, but RoJo has 5 more assists. RoJo has more than Troy, and Troy averages almost 10 more minutes.

Yes and that's great, but he also averages over 3 turnovers a game. He has more turnovers than assists in the season. Troy is even. RoJo has 5 more assists than TO's. JBJ averages 6 more minutes a game, but RoJo has 5 more assists. RoJo has more than Troy, and Troy averages almost 10 more minutes.

Dropping those truth nuggets