Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ottawa Game Thread

I'll be in AH tomorrow night and I'm really excited about this season. Exhibition games usually aren't that competitive, but this Ottawa team should be a better test. I do have a question about entering Assembly Hall from the south end. I will be parking in the lot south of Cook and I was wondering what's the best plan to enter. Has construction completely eliminated the public entrance from the south?

I'll be in AH tomorrow night and I'm really excited about this season. Exhibition games usually aren't that competitive, but this Ottawa team should be a better test. I do have a question about entering Assembly Hall from the south end. I will be parking in the lot south of Cook and I was wondering what's the best plan to enter. Has construction completely eliminated the public entrance from the south?

I believe so, for Hoosier Hysteria fans were let in on the south-east side through a "back door"

Tried to figure out how to stream my BTN+ for some of you guys here. Failed to make any inroads. I'm working on seeing if I can just stream the audio since I don't think there is radio coverage but am not really getting good results there either.

I'll do a search tomorrow and see if I can find any streams and link them. I have doubts, BTN+ games were the only games without streams last year. If I find any it likely will be after the game starts, since I get home from work right about tip-off time.

For the game itself; definitely concerned about JBJ's minute limits. His shot hasn't looked the same and to hear his knee is still bothering him makes me very nervous like I previously expressed in a thread. It's a shame the game won't be fully reflective of our team's abilities with all the limits though. 

Whatever. Still crazy excited. April to November is the longest part of the year.

I believe so, for Hoosier Hysteria fans were let in on the south-east side through a "back door"

South east door? Sounds like the door that they have the students use to check their id's or whatever. I was wondering how they plan to get thousands of fans checked for security and tickets in an timely manner.

. Thanks man! Collins been beat to hell and back over his IU career so far.

Quick, someone post the vine!

He tried to take a charge from Troy and Troy just dominated him, makes the basket, would have gotten an and-1.

Tough and strong play. Though, maybe a little ill-advised in practice.

FYI   So far they are 9 -3

McGill Uni.     74                            Ottawa    70

Uni. Of New Brunswick   82           Ottawa   102

York Uni.   79                                  Ottawa     91

Queens University   75                    Ottawa   98

Cape Breton Uni    69                      Ottawa   95

UQAM    67                                     Ottawa    117

UNBC    72                                      Ottawa   105

UBC    77                                        Ottawa   84

Alberta Uni. 62                                Ottawa    90

Valparaiso     84                             Ottawa    76

Baylor   100                                   Ottawa   84

Murray State    57                          Ottawa   81

They curb-stomped the Murray Racers.

Baylor is a very high level team this year. I wonder if it was a 16 point win that was a six point lead with three minutes to go, or a 16 win that was 25 with three minutes to go.

The Gee Gees are dangerous when they're shooting it well. Don't expect a cupcake level opponent, or a cupcake level final score folks.

Tried to figure out how to stream my BTN+ for some of you guys here. Failed to make any inroads. I'm working on seeing if I can just stream the audio since I don't think there is radio coverage but am not really getting good results there either.

Periscope the BTN stream.  I'd do it but I don't like you guys enough

Periscope the BTN stream.  I'd do it but I don't like you guys enough

Turns out I'm not smart enough. I thought of that, but as far as I could tell my option is then setting up my phone to record my TV and using periscope to broadcast that. If I could do it another way, I couldn't figure out how.

And, I'm not doing that. I don't need everyone listening to my repeated explanations to my kid that there are no touchdowns in basketball and to try yelling "basket" or "2-points" instead. And when daddy stands up with his arms in the air, he's just anticipating a three pointer which is flying through the air and looks good. Yes honey, I understand it's confusing. No, we're not turning this off and watching Anna and Elsa.