Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

WORLD SERIES

Just because he was one of the best pitchers all year doesn't make his performance that day all that great.

And yes the Cubs can hit good pitching. But not at a ridiculous clip like people were expecting.

In their first 5 post season games they faced one pitcher that had his stuff together and they got shut out.

Just because he was one of the best pitchers all year doesn't make his performance that day all that great.

And yes the Cubs can hit good pitching. But not at a ridiculous clip like people were expecting.

In their first 5 post season games they faced one pitcher that had his stuff together and they got shut out.

So if we hit a pitcher he wasn't that good and if we don't it's because we weren't as good? Makes sense....

Seems like a circular argument that just says our bats aren't that good. Isn't the premise of your argument baseball? Good hitters are supposed to make pitchers pay for their mistakes. Good pitching should trump hitting. If you can paint 97 like the Mets have there is very few batters that will do damage. Period. That's baseball. Murphy is on a historic streak. The strike zone for both teams have been loose. That favors the team with the better pitching.

You are trying to make an argument out of nothing with me. I agreed that he didn't have a great performance that day, but that doesn't discredit that he is a great pitcher and thus the Cubs can hit great pitching. They have all year but have gone cold this series against some good pitching. 

Welp. It was a fun season. I think it's pretty clear we need to get deeper in the pitching staff to finish off one of these postseason run thingys.

The thing that worries me is that they spent so much on Lester, and he wasn't reliable all year...

The thing that worries me is that they spent so much on Lester, and he wasn't reliable all year...

Free Agent pitchers this year is insane. I see us picking up a top tier pitcher and a 2nd tier.

I have to keep reminding myself that we made the nlcs when we weren't supposed to sniff the playoffs. We should have a shot for the next 5-6 years. This year's playoff experience SHOULD be really really good for these young guys. Hopefully it doesn't shake their confidence in the long term.