Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SG Hamidou Diallo to Kentucky

@jeffborzello

Hamidou Diallo to ESPN: "Right now, I’m 100 percent going to college." es.pn/2fhKKu2

These were also the words Thon Maker -- and his guy, Ed Smith, told everyone -- myself included. We. Will. See.
@goodmanespn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know some see this as a pipedream but he mentions the main factor in his choice will be player development and then continues to say Crean has been awesome developing guys. Only school he mentions like that, so I feel like this could be a bigger deal than some have made out. Still probably going to UK, but I feel like besides KU we are right behind them.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I know some see this as a pipedream but he mentions the main factor in his choice will be player development and then continues to say Crean has been awesome developing guys. Only school he mentions like that, so I feel like this could be a bigger deal than some have made out. Still probably going to UK, but I feel like besides KU we are right behind them.

Probably not going to college

CTC watching Putnam/Gray College in the #NHSHF. Nate Roberts/Montez Mathis (John Carroll) play later in this tournament.

@coreyevans_10: Head coaches from Maryland, Towson, Indiana + asts from Gtown, Cuse, Kansas, Virginia, Mason, GW, ND, Iowa State here for Putnam/Gray Coll

Probably not going to college

I feel the same way, but if there is a chance you go with it, specially with only Tucker being the only guy worth it at the moment. His coach in this article even says he needs to start focusing on his recruitment more. Not comments you hear often, so IMO Diallo has his mind made up, but likes the attention too much lol.

IMO, Diallo is the type of recruit we spend too much time chasing.   He's good, but I also don't feel that he's serious about going to college.  If there's a way he can get the big $$ sooner rather than later, I think the $$ win out.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO, Diallo is the type of recruit we spend too much time chasing.   He's good, but I also don't feel that he's serious about going to college.  If there's a way he can get the big $$ sooner rather than later, I think the $$ win out.

That's why I wanna spend more time chasing guys like Tucker and even though we didn't get him Waters. Still hope we get him in fact

Diallo is enrolling at UCONN for spring semester and then likely to enter draft after this season. Looks like we were never gonna get him if this was his decision all along. We would have had to kick someone off the team to get him. Him and Wiley for Auburn are gonna make this a option now for kids, which in turn will make some schools save a open scholly in case they can get them.

Diallo is enrolling at UCONN for spring semester and then likely to enter draft after this season. Looks like we were never gonna get him if this was his decision all along. We would have had to kick someone off the team to get him. Him and Wiley for Auburn are gonna make this a option now for kids, which in turn will make some schools save a open scholly in case they can get them.

He has 2 more officials set up already one to Arizona and the other to kentucky (both of which will have an open spot 2nd semester) so I don't think it is uconn just yet.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2016/12/23/hamidou-diallo-take-officials-kentucky-arizona/

He has 2 more officials set up already one to Arizona and the other to kentucky (both of which will have an open spot 2nd semester) so I don't think it is uconn just yet.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2016/12/23/hamidou-diallo-take-officials-kentucky-arizona/

I can't copy link from twitter for some reason but all you have to do is search him on there. The article is by Meyer and it was posted today on 247. It's pretty much a done deal.

I can't copy link from twitter for some reason but all you have to do is search him on there. The article is by Meyer and it was posted today on 247. It's pretty much a done deal.

i read it earlier today. I just think if it was a done deal he wouldn't be wasting time on other officials. Either way he isn't coming to IU

i read it earlier today. I just think if it was a done deal he wouldn't be wasting time on other officials. Either way he isn't coming to IU

Both of those visits won't happen if he is planning on enrolling for conference play, which is his plan. IMHO no kid that talented is gonna rush his recruitment by taking 3 visits in 2 weeks. Then decide his commitment. He has probably known it was UCONN for awhile. Really thought we may have had a stronger shot w him than most. No way now. Less he took Hartman off scholly.

I know he still "says" he wants to visit zona and uk but he would pretty much play half of conference and tourney. That could mess up team chemistry horribly. Idk who his handler is but I would say UCONN or wait till next year or it is gonna be a very rushed decision.

This is a quick way to destroy your season if you're a college coach. This might become a "thing" for the top high school players, but after a few failed experiments, I'm sure the top schools will avoid it. There's no way, regardless of how talented a guy is, that adding a guy midseason who has never practiced, played or really event spent more than a minute with your team would work out well. Seems like it would crush team chemistry. 

This is a quick way to destroy your season if you're a college coach. This might become a "thing" for the top high school players, but after a few failed experiments, I'm sure the top schools will avoid it. There's no way, regardless of how talented a guy is, that adding a guy midseason who has never practiced, played or really event spent more than a minute with your team would work out well. Seems like it would crush team chemistry. 

Or if you're a team with no chemistry (see UCONN) he could be the missing piece.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Or if you're a team with no chemistry (see UCONN) he could be the missing piece.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Could be, nothing is absolute, but I'd guess that most of the time it would only make it worse. Teams with poor chemistry typically aren't missing just talent, but usually leadership too. I'd guess a 5* kid enrolling early mid-season to get to the NBA quicker isn't going to add much leadership. 

23 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Well, this will make for an interesting twist.

Exactly my thoughts but i didnt want the "but a top 10 kid is a top 10 kid" comments being made and imo makes it worse of an idea. You have to completely transform your offense instead of letting him come along slowly like another kid. Diallo is very skilled but since UCONN is 5-6 they are the only team it would make sense to do this with.