Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana Improving Year by Year?

That's good and all but even in the best two years with Crean at the helm IU is TIED FOR THIRD!

2011-2013 (B1G Record)

1)  MSU 26-10

1)  OSU 26-10

3) IU 25-11

3) UM 25-11

5) UW 24-12

THE BEST TWO YEARS HE WAS ONLY GOOD FOR 3RD!!! 

Postseason

MSU  (1 B1G Tourney Title, 2 Sweet 16)

OSU (! B1G Tourney Title/2 B1G Title games, 1 FF/2 E8)

IU (2-2 in B1G Tourney, 2 Sweet 16)

UM (2-2 in B1G Tourney, 1 NC Title game)

UW (3-2 in B1G Tourney, 1 Sweet 16)

I guess we should remove Watford, Hulls and Victor as well? To Crean's credit he assembled a very good team of players and the team just couldn't accomplish getting past the sweet 16. Maybe the true outlier is the entire team?

Come on you Debbie Downers. Was trying to have a little positivity for once :)

it was a good effort. I actually stopped to think about it.

But the better Breakdown is it takes 3-4 years to build a good team. Year by year breakdown

Awful, awful, awful, good, excellent, bad, average, ?????

In today's game with Frosh being so good, it shouldn't take 2 or 3 years to rebuild.

Come on you Debbie Downers. Was trying to have a little positivity for once :)

You cannot spin the truth around here. Too many to keep you honest.

And as John Adams once said, facts are stubborn things.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Our record has gotten better.. but our schedule is still pretty easy at the start of the season. Sure we had SMU and GTOWN.. but still. We need a few more cookies than cakes if you get what i'm saying. 

41 brings up an interesting point. Let's count Crean's first three years. Alright, so he started off in the literal basement with 6 wins. He steadily improved that to 25 wins. We lose most of our most talented team in maybe a decade, and he only wins 17 games the following year, and then improves to 20 wins the next year. If he can retain his core and get a big man, another 23-25 win season is possible. Is Crean trending towards creating a program that bottoms out at 20 wins? These are important questions when you start considering our alternatives to Crean. What would be their floor when they start? Definitely an interesting take.

Our record has gotten better.. but our schedule is still pretty easy at the start of the season. Sure we had SMU and GTOWN.. but still. We need a few more cookies than cakes if you get what i'm saying.

And Louisville, Pitt, and *gulp* Eastern Washington. All tournament teams (minus PITT)...