Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

When I first read this I just couldn't believe Crean would be that foolish. In many decisions in life you always want to upgrade your situations etc. That would not have been even a lateral move. It's like a girlfriend, always upgrade if your going make a move.

Basketball pedigree and program history is only one part. The ability for his family and him to go out in public and not be ridiculed would make coaching West Palm Community College an upgrade on many aspects of his life.

just cuz the next girl isn't as hot doesn't mean it's not an upgrade for the individual involved. Many other factors to happiness.

But.... "This is Indiana"

OK well to put more fuel to this, there's a thread over on the Rivals national board about who Alabama's next coach is going to be.  In it, a well-respected Alabama insider (I know, I know) said he knows who their next coach is, and that he's currently coaching in the NCAA tournament and it will be announced after his team's exit from the tournament. 

He then said to not believe any media reports you've read today, and that Alabama fans are going to happy with the next coach. 

I don't know, obviously take it for what it's worth, but there seems to be an AWFUL lot of smoke on the Alabama side on this, and none from anywhere else.  That means that either 1) it's all bullsh!t and there's nothing to these rumors, or 2) it's legit and Alabama isn't playing this as close to the vest as other schools are.

OK well to put more fuel to this, there's a thread over on the Rivals national board about who Alabama's next coach is going to be.  In it, a well-respected Alabama insider (I know, I know) said he knows who their next coach is, and that he's currently coaching in the NCAA tournament and it will be announced after his team's exit from the tournament. 

He then said to not believe any media reports you've read today, and that Alabama fans are going to happy with the next coach. 

I don't know, obviously take it for what it's worth, but there seems to be an AWFUL lot of smoke on the Alabama side on this, and none from anywhere else.  That means that either 1) it's all bullsh!t and there's nothing to these rumors, or 2) it's legit and Alabama isn't playing this as close to the vest as other schools are.

Well if it's Crean and their 247 board is any indication, they'll be pretty torn.

Lol. Did you not read the article I posted yesterday that said Marshall is only leaving for a blue blood program?

Nope. Couldn't get it to load (bad internet). But I was just messing around. I know (I think) it isn't Marshall in all likelihood.

Yeah the thread I'm talking about had Shaka Smart, Tom Crean, and Gregg Marshall as their main candidates, so evidently it's one of those guys. At least according to this poster on TOS.

Doubt it is Shaka. Why would they go the VCU route again? Shaka is a bust waiting to happen at a big time program. A place like Bama he would end up being similar to what Grant did.