Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

The 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Dee Davis can ball. The movement of 2012 must have meant the movement outside of Indiana. Its really sad to see how we had the pick of the litter from all of these great recruits and ended up with Yogi only. 700k and could have spent 10k.
You want bigs...try Hammons and McGary
You want wings...hows Gary Harris
How aboutguards... Dee Davis, D Riveria, Dunham

I'm missing more but dang out of that class we got one stud. #facepalm.

Need Oklahoma and louisville wins tonight. I'm in a bracket pool where the winner gets $200 and merchandise signed by Vic and those two wins would put me in the lead.

148 fouls called in 160 minutes of basketball last night. Ugly

It was hard to watch those games with all of the fouls. It is hard to play a fluid game and get into a rhythm with a foul being called almost every minute. Let the boys play!

It was hard to watch those games with all of the fouls. It is hard to play a fluid game and get into a rhythm with a foul being called almost every minute. Let the boys play!

i agree that all the calls are annoying but some of the onus needs to be put on the players and coaches to learn how to play by the rules and fundamental ball. Some of the stuff these players do is mind boggling. Moving screens, verticality, hip bumps on the driver, extended hands on dribbler etc... Goes both ways

Edit- the charge/block call ticks me off. Seems like it's very randomly called. Kids are just driving straight into the defender and get bailed out.

The issue I have with how games are called deals with pushing the game more towards athletes and getting away from fundamentals.  What is over the back these days?  When you have a solid box out and the ball is yours but someone comes over your back it should be called.  That's not how it is called.  It depends on who and when it happens.