Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana vs Northwestern Post Game Thread

We're wayyyy off topic here but...

I'm basically saying i want to see the lineup move to a more traditional lineup with size.  If all the main rotation players return and we do end up getting TB/TM we will have some size with 4 pretty good/great guards.  On that I would like to see a Yogi/JBJ backcourt with RoJo first off the bench in the backcourt.  I want to see Troy develop a jumper so he can play exclusively at the 3 and dominate like he is capable.  I want Colin playing the 3/4 and a little OG in his frosh campaign.  At the 4/5 I want to see a starting Perea and TB/TB.  I only worry about Perea defending a stretch 4.  I think a lineup like this gives us a rebounding advantage with JBJ, Troy, Perea/Holt, TB/TM should all be plus rebounders.  If we can have a lineup like this I can see some of the KU, MSU, UNC strategies coming into play (i.e. rebounding, high-low)  This lineup wouldn't have as much of the dribble drive but could dominate down low and leave shooters wide open.  Just spitballing and what-ifs.

I definitely agree with you that a traditional lineup would be nice, but if you look at modern basketball the traditional lineup has kind of been tossed out the window. Basketball has changed. I think if we had a better big man than Hanner, this team would be fine rebounding and defensively. I just think the idea of having a 1,2,3,4 and 5 set in stone is something that fans focus on more than anything. Like I said, basketball has just changed. I
I agree with you about Perea, but I don't ever see him becoming a stretch 4. I think he would get worked by 4s on D and he lacks even basic offensive skills. Im really hoping Troy works on his jumper. He worked on it all summer last summer and we haven't seen much improvement on it from last year.
I like the offense that we have (when it works). Of having multiple guys who move, drive, and kick out to shooters without much clogging up the lane. It all just depends on having a big man who can handle himself down low and capable shooters outside. mean look at Maryland for example, they have a very similar lineup to  what we have. I think it works for the majority of teams if you have a dependable big man. If we land Bryant and keep everyone I think you will see the same lineup that we have now but substituting Bryant for Perea.

Dude what the hell that guy can't be serious right? Back the heck off, if people want to be happy about the team finally showing something let them. Go wallow in your own misery somewhere else

Deep breaths my friend, deep breaths. Everyone has their opinion and way of expressing it, and more often than not, it isn't provided

or intended to rile people. I think most people of late have soured on Crean, so there's a natural paradox of supporting IU for wins in the tournament, yet not wanting those wins to be used as evidence, (and by extension, justification) for retaining his services.

On a side note, bumper stickers with the phrase "Sour Crean" is catchy. Whatcha think?

No worries. If and when the Hoosiers lose, I highly doubt he survives

u playing mind games 41? Ha.

I am in the crowd "I can't root for "my" Hoosiers to lose" either but I fully understand the conflicted feelings. We just beat a marginal Northwestern team. Glad we looked better. Happy to have a win. If anything, it's another indictment on Crean as to why it took 30 games to get his team to have defensive intensity and not play as much zone.

I hope we win tonight too! Truthfully and certainly. Fate of Crean is outside of my hands but if i have a vote I'll give it.

I'm of the crowd that says there's never a reason to hope to lose. I understand why some might want to lose because they see it as increasing the odds of Crean leaving. I'm all for a coaching change, but it's not about him. Every win is another rewarding moment that players like Yogi have worked their butts off for, and they all deserve every ounce of support we fans have.

That's why this was a win to be happy about. It's not a win that helps save a job, it's a win that rewards the hard work of the coaches, staff, and players, and the loyalty of the fans. Everyone has a reason to smile.

Deep breaths my friend, deep breaths. Everyone has their opinion and way of expressing it, and more often than not, it isn't provided
or intended to rile people. I think most people of late have soured on Crean, so there's a natural paradox of supporting IU for wins in the tournament, yet not wanting those wins to be used as evidence, (and by extension, justification) for retaining his services.
On a side note, bumper stickers with the phrase "Sour Crean" is catchy. Whatcha think?

I think it is weird you decided to make that reply to me given it more aptly applies to who I'm talking about, given he went after other posters for celebrating a win. Then again you probably hold the same view point, so it isn't weird.

Hey guys, lets pause for a highlight replay of the game brought to you by @IndianaMBB.  This video is filmed right under the rim allowing the viewer to hear the sounds of the players, shoes, and the ball.  As an additional bonus Don Fischer's golden tones are calling the replay!  Be sure to check out Yogi the Bear accelerating down 60-80% of the court to finish with a left hand at the 1:15 mark on the video.  There are several great plays on here(... well depending on your agenda or outlook :) ).  Another segment you may want to listen for is at the 1:58 as Holt takes the pass from Blackmon.  I love the slap of the ball as Holt catches the ball.  This team is showing a lot of bounce. Let's keep this up for tonight.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/510642

proxy.jpg?t=HBhQaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLnNuYXBw

Ok.  Back to the regular scheduled programming.

Nothing weird at all, unless you count his admission of owning one small penis. Frankly, I'd have thought that something for which no man would want broadcast, but then again, there seems to be a run on women with rather large and developed derrieres these days, so who knows what goes? I can't stay up with all the nuances of the social scene, but perhaps you understand better, what he meant.

At any rate, my post to you wasn't meant as taking one side or the other, or espousing my views at the expense of your own. It's only purpose was to encourage tolerance for differing points of view, particularly when those views are abstract, and not singling out a specific poster. Peace.