Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana vs Northwestern Post Game Thread

Just because I'm totally superstitious, I'll leave work early tomorrow (again), have 2 Tasmanian IPAs (again), head home and drink bourbon (again) throughout the game !

So I should go into work and start doing stuff? Even though no one else will be there?

He's a college 4 but not in this system.  If he can increase his foot speed and lateral quickness to defend 4s he can punish them in the paint on the offensive end.  I would love to see some 3 out 2, Kansas high-low with Holt at the 4.

I still think he is probably a year away from any of that. 

I still think he is probably a year away from any of that. 

He has high bball IQ.  I think with a summer in the gym he could be exactly what we need to bust a 2-3 zone or even a 'big' to complement a true big.  I'm not saying use him as a stretch 4 but a traditional 4.  I think he can be a solid 15-20 minute a night player.

He has high bball IQ.  I think with a summer in the gym he could be exactly what we need to bust a 2-3 zone or even a 'big' to complement a true big.  I'm not saying use him as a stretch 4 but a traditional 4.  I think he can be a solid 15-20 minute a night player.

I mean we could label him as a 4 but basically he is going to be doing the same thing he does now. I think that is the best thing for him. He'll rebound and block shots. And if he can develop a jump shot. He could hit some shots at the free throw line and inwards

I mean we could label him as a 4 but basically he is going to be doing the same thing he does now. I think that is the best thing for him. He'll rebound and block shots. And if he can develop a jump shot. He could hit some shots at the free throw line and inwards

We're wayyyy off topic here but...

I'm basically saying i want to see the lineup move to a more traditional lineup with size.  If all the main rotation players return and we do end up getting TB/TM we will have some size with 4 pretty good/great guards.  On that I would like to see a Yogi/JBJ backcourt with RoJo first off the bench in the backcourt.  I want to see Troy develop a jumper so he can play exclusively at the 3 and dominate like he is capable.  I want Colin playing the 3/4 and a little OG in his frosh campaign.  At the 4/5 I want to see a starting Perea and TB/TB.  I only worry about Perea defending a stretch 4.  I think a lineup like this gives us a rebounding advantage with JBJ, Troy, Perea/Holt, TB/TM should all be plus rebounders.  If we can have a lineup like this I can see some of the KU, MSU, UNC strategies coming into play (i.e. rebounding, high-low)  This lineup wouldn't have as much of the dribble drive but could dominate down low and leave shooters wide open.  Just spitballing and what-ifs.

One thing you can see in the post game TV interview with CTC is that he really loves his players as evidenced by getting choked up when answering questions about Hanner.

Couldn't agree more, say what you want about his coaching abilities, but it is obvious he is is a good man, that genuinely cares about his players.  Heck he even congratulated the NW seniors when they left the court for the final time

Good win for IU, but it begs as many questions as it answers.

*Where has this new found defensive effort been for the past 12 weeks?

*Why did it take a heated posterior to play a flawed, yet effective man to man?

*Did Tom Crean call on one of his famous friends to speak to the team before tip off?

*Were any Bloomington South students in attendance at last night's game?

Again, good win for IU, and nice to see a semblance of defense played. Duplicate that effort today, hit your shots, and we beat Maryland.

Hilarious! This is the attitude of the pro crean crowd, hyper defensive, thrashing out when their leader is questioned. Until last nights huge win against mighty northwestern they have been in a hole

Are you trying to be a cult leader? I don't like Crean don't know what I missed but don't drink the Koolaid. Just reading through you are the only one thrashing out and hyper defensive cause people were happy with a win. Seems like you are the only one pissed with a win in March.

Are you trying to be a cult leader? I don't like Crean don't know what I missed but don't drink the Koolaid. Just reading through you are the only one thrashing out and hyper defensive cause people were happy with a win. Seems like you are the only one pissed with a win in March.

I am trying to be a cult leader

Don't accept in victory what you wouldn't in defeat

Hmm two things.

1st it's March. Survive and advance.

2nd what did we do last night that you feel we didn't do so well to completely minimize the feeling of happiness after this last month of basketball?

Again I don't think Crean is the man for the job but we did what we would want to against northwestern and you act as if that is wrong. Then you get defensive against everyone else for feeling that way and derail the thread by saying they were closet creaniacs and you have a small penis. Don't get where either is relevant in the thread. There are sites for both but they aren't here.

Hmm two things.

1st it's March. Survive and advance.

2nd what did we do last night that you feel we didn't do so well to completely minimize the feeling of happiness after this last month of basketball?

Again I don't think Crean is the man for the job but we did what we would want to against northwestern and you act as if that is wrong. Then you get defensive against everyone else for feeling that way and derail the thread by saying they were closet creaniacs and you have a small penis. Don't get where either is relevant in the thread. There are sites for both but they aren't here.

Sounds like that win really pumped you up, I'll leave you alone now to bask in it's glory

Sounds like that win really pumped you up, I'll leave you alone now to bask in it's glory

Sounds like that win really pissed in your Wheaties. #suckforluck

I will go out on a limb and figure you would have had more to say if we lost that game.

Not really surprised you can't answer simple questions and are just flaming. I can do that too. I am just better at it.