Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU vs. MD Postgame Thread

Dez Wells hit about 4-5 shots that were extremely well guarded but typically got the roll on each one. Like for example his full steam running line drive layup. How that went in I will never know. But that is the breaks you get at home sometimes.

Maryland was up for that game in the get go and I know that they gave it their best and they still only beat us by two.

Dude I know... I never got one of those to fall the entire time I played in school.. I was stunned that didn't roll out lol

Yeah just think if JBJ makes half his shots tonight we win rather easily I think... I thought after that poster dunk he would really get going... Very proud of our performance tonight...

plus the two dunks that Troy missed

When you watch the play in real time you see that yes Troy is open but Dez Wells is closer to the passing lane than it looks in that photo.  If he reacts quick on it he may intercept or at least deflect a pass.  It all happens so quick and it is a tougher pass than it looks in the screenshot.

Yogi got a wide open look at the top of the key for the win.  That is essentially a 50-50 shot for him.  Cannot ask for much better.

Yogi got a good look there. I like going for the three and the win.

agreed, much happier with a loss like that than an overtime loss IMO. Especially with a look like that, I mean he hit one of those against GTown, he can't make everything. I love that opportunity though, I was hoping for a screen up top and he ran around it and knocked one down from the free throw line extended.

When you watch the play in real time you see that yes Troy is open but Dez Wells is closer to the passing lane than it looks in that photo. If he reacts quick on it he may intercept or at least deflect a pass. It all happens so quick and it is a tougher pass than it looks in the screenshot.

Yogi got a wide open look at the top of the key for the win. That is essentially a 50-50 shot for him. Cannot ask for much better.

Looked at the shot chart in the first half, man we missed a bunch of chippies that would have changed the whole game. 37% is just a bad shooting night, but missed free throws are tough to swallow.

If troy is smart he stays another year though because without a jumper in the league I dont see him being even descent.

Troy won't be back for a lot of reasons. I can name 1 big one right off the top of my head. And easily name a couple others. Wishful thinking though.