Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hutch89

Hornets assign Noah Vonleh to NBA D-League

NV has been transferred to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in the NBA D-League. 

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/12/28/hornets-assign-noah-vonleh-nba-d-league/

Is this confirmation for some IU fans that NV had left the program prematurely? Or had him missing September of the NBA preseason (Hernia)  the cause for him not performing up to his ninth draft pick potential?

It's my opinion that he would have greatly benefited from another year in NCAA, as would any player, and having him rebound for us under the net would have sent this years team into overdrive. I'm looking forward to seeing him do well in the NBADL and get back to playing for the Hornets by next season.  

Also, Vonleh played his first game with the Mad Ants last night...

Vonleh played 16 minutes in his Mad Ants debut, a 106-93 loss to Austin. He had 12 points, three rebounds and two blocked shots.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/28/hornets-assign-noah-vonleh-to-fort-wayne-mad-ants-d-league/20967589/

yep, can't blame the dude but dang that is just disappointing.. This team would be on steroids with Vonleh holding down the center. He was a bull down low in regards to strength so our little issue with Montrez, Smith, Jois.. would have never phased us. What could have been.. 

don't whining.. let's go stomp the huskers and start putting the nation on notice

yep, can't blame the dude but dang that is just disappointing.. This team would be on steroids with Vonleh holding down the center. He was a bull down low in regards to strength so our little issue with Montrez, Smith, Jois.. would have never phased us. What could have been.. 

don't whining.. let's go stomp the huskers and start putting the nation on notice

A sophomore Vonleh who could handle double teams this year... yes please.  Could you imagine a lineup with 5 solid to great shooters on the floor, that could also slash, and a post presence in Vonleh.  That would have been a lot of fun to watch.

I don't think it was an attention getter. He isn't quite NBA ready yet... but a spot opened up on the bench with Al Jefferson out with an injury, I belive Noah will be back with the MadAnts in a couple weeks when Jefferson returns.

I don't think it was an attention getter. He isn't quite NBA ready yet... but a spot opened up on the bench with Al Jefferson out with an injury, I belive Noah will be back with the MadAnts in a couple weeks when Jefferson returns.

Ah, I see- shows how much I follow NBA lol.