Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Beachfront Property

Stanford Robinson's Role

Kid screwed up multiple times. My thinking is if he is attending class and doing the student part everyone should give him a chance to work hard and dig his way out. I'm sure his confidence level has plummeted with all the negatives that have come with his actions. He may pleasantly surprise everyone and pull it together.

I wouldn't be surprised if his playing time diminishes greatly now that IU is in Big Ten play. His calling card is on defense and that has been lacking here of late. He is not a threat on the offensive end at all. He sometimes can get to the rim and get fouled, but then he gets to the foul line and forgets what hand he shoots with. I think the guards IU has now, between yogi, jbj, rojo, and zeisloft is perfect the way it is. If Stan is taking minutes away from any of them, I think it is a waste.

Stan was more effective last year getting to the rim and scoring not happening this season. I look at it like this we have to lose some players at the end of this season with no seniors if stan is one of them I wont b devastated but my opinion may change by the end of season

Biggest problem for me with Stan on the court is NOT his lack of scoring but his completely careless TOs due to poor dribbling or awful decision making. 

When he dribbles the ball to an opposing player.............  That is not a college play on any level. 

Here's to Stan, I hope the B1G slate cures what ails ya!

Stan needs to turn it up on the defense end, which should help him stop pressing on the offensive end. He is pressing way too much with the ball and not with a purpose like last year. He needs to drive and either dish or take it to the rim depending on what's given to him. Should be simple with his talent level,  but it looks like he's pressing way to hard and trying to do too many things that are not there.

Play hard on DEF Stan and I think the rest of your game takes an up tick ....

Spent too much time this offseason changing his shooting hand.... It was worth a shot but it seems that none of the other Basketball skills were practiced too hard while making that huge change.... I know If it was something I was trying to do it would be the only thing I could work on because that is a big thing to change at this point in career/life.

I agree as well that his confidence has to be completely shattered with all the off court issues (assuming he does care and doesn't want that negative light shining on him)....

I think he will come up big for us a game or 2 and then be stready the rest of the season.

He got a few lucky rolls tonight, but he scares me when he gets the ball. His shot still looks horrid. Now I think when he gets the ball he can't decide if he is going to shoot with his right or left.

A few lucky rolls?  He was 3 for 5.  One was a little floater that was nothing but net, another was a slightly contested layup, and can't remember the third but believe it was another layup or floater near the basket.  Where were the lucky rolls?

One of his misses was a three which he really shouldn't be taking.  I don't recall the other miss.

Bottom line is, overall. Off court issues gone public and rumors/talk of him hopefully transferring, or just being cut, seriously can affect his performance. Lol. Nothing too extravagant in why he's nothing near fan expectation. He's a spirited kid who could very well end up a great player.

A few lucky rolls? He was 3 for 5. One was a little floater that was nothing but net, another was a slightly contested layup, and can't remember the third but believe it was another layup or floater near the basket. Where were the lucky rolls?

One of his misses was a three which he really shouldn't be taking. I don't recall the other miss.

his other miss was about a five foot jump shot that didn't look good at all. I can see where somebody could say he got lucky rolls. He has alot to prove to me before I will even want him in a game at all. I am however starting to think maybe I like him more than max but not sure lol