Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Thomas Bryant to IU

He's currently playing at the Peach Jam and looks like we have offered.

NORTH AUGUST, S.C. - Possessing size, length, power, skill and athleticism Thomas Bryant is one of the nation's top big men. The 2015 center talks with Peegs.com about Indiana's scholarship offer and what he thinks of the IU basketball program

Looks like Mizzou may be a player to. They picked up 7 CB picks this month by some reputable names.
That Fulford hire has a lot of people liking Mizzou's chances with a lot of high profile recruits.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Yeah, he's probably all Cuse. That will be one heck of a class for them if it happens. Fulford was his coach at Huntington Prep before he took the Mizzou job. We'll see if that has any pull.

Bryant is being recruited by several of the top basketball programs in the country. He recently told Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com that he would take official visits to Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas and Missouri.

"He said Syracuse is still on the top of his list,'' Linda Bryant added. "That's what he told me.'' Linda Bryant said her son wants to take the NCAA's five allotted official campus visits. "Syracuse is one,'' she said. "He hasn't told me the other four.''

Yeah, he's probably all Cuse. That will be one heck of a class for them if it happens. Fulford was his coach at Huntington Prep before he took the Mizzou job. We'll see if that has any pull. 

Bryant is being recruited by several of the top basketball programs in the country. He recently told Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com that he would take official visits to Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas and Missouri.

"He said Syracuse is still on the top of his list,'' Linda Bryant added. "That's what he told me.'' Linda Bryant said her son wants to take the NCAA's five allotted official campus visits. "Syracuse is one,'' she said. "He hasn't told me the other four.''

IU has a shot at the last visit. If they get it then who knows. Syracuse will be tough but they may take themselves out of the conversation before Bryant gets around to making a decision if he plans to take all 5.

IU has a shot at the last visit. If they get it then who knows. Syracuse will be tough but they may take themselves out of the conversation before Bryant gets around to making a decision if he plans to take all 5.

What a wonderful position to be in....

I think that's a bit tough on Chuck. He isn't directly tied to a fake prep school that has 12 students who are all on the basketball team. He has gotten IU in the mix with a few prospects but July is not the time for decision making (commits) if that is what you're judging his performance thus far on.

Yeah, I am not judging him yet. But, yes, many other hires come pre-connected to a recruit. Clearly that's not the case here and THAT was my point.

He MAY only have 1 year to make an impact, and MAYBE that's the problem.

I'm not sure what your last statement means. Either explain it below, PM me, or neither lol but I just didn't get it unless you're saying Crean has a year and then his staff is gone...

Yeah that was my inference exactly. If Crean bombs this year, I could see it being the end. I think in THAT case, it may be a full overhaul.

I will remain optimistic that we rebound but the thought is out there.

I think Chuck is going to be very involved Teaching and Coaching to a degree more than KJ was. I hope Chuck is an upgrade in that regard.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="76668" timestamp="1407292564"]Yeah that was my inference exactly. If Crean bombs this year, I could see it being the end. I think in THAT case, it may be a full overhaul.

I will remain optimistic that we rebound but the thought is out there.

I think Chuck is going to be very involved Teaching and Coaching to a degree more than KJ was. I hope Chuck is an upgrade in that regard.[/quote] Lol you stopped being optimistic about anything a while back. The thought is mostly out there because you said it. I don't think its fair to assume an entire coaching staff would be fired with Crean, if that happened, at all.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Lol you stopped being optimistic about anything a while back. The thought is mostly out there because you said it. I don't think its fair to assume an entire coaching staff would be fired with Crean, if that happened, at all. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Lol, good point. In reality, there are different degrees of optimism. I not optimistic that IU is on a path of elitism, which is ultimately my hope. I want to be a Kansas, Duke, Syracuse, etc........

However, I am optimistic the Chuck hire can still prove to be a very good hire and do great things for us. Maybe not a home run but a solid double or triple. Hope that makes sense.