Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

California has to be the worst P-5 team in college basketball, right? 

Wow, I'd say so. 

3-23 overall. Didn't even win a game until December 21st.

I wonder what's going on there. 

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

That is Uof6's 1st win outside of quad 4. 

Is there a record for largest single day fall in NET? Clemson has a good chance to break it.

Clemson lost 13 spots 67 --> 80

Uof6 went from 324 --> 307

IU dropped a spot, damn Illini lowering us down to their level

I have to say the Michigan and Michigan State game last night was much more than just a rivalry game. Sure inside the lines they may be competitors but outside the lines you're not only friends but you're also family and in the aftermath of events it's about how you respond. Have to give credit to Michigan for what happened before the game and said we're all in this together. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Talent level is horrid. 

Depends how someone would look at it.  They have plenty of top 100 4 Star kids and highly ranked junior colleges kids but for me I agree just because they had 4 stars next to their the name doesn’t mean they are suppose to be good.    Lands is a top 60 kid that played for 4 different high school teams and I think committed to Cuse before he decommitted and went to Louisville. Huntley-Hatfield was a former 5 star at Tennessee that hasn’t worked out just yet.   

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

California has to be the worst P-5 team in college basketball, right? 

Probably. Their HC, Mark Fox, is a solid coach. Had a very good run at Nevada and an ok one at Georgia. But the school’s de-prioritized sports and stopped making academic allowances for athletes. So they basically can’t get anybody in. The same thing’s happening in football. 

Light day for NCAAish teams.

40 North Caroilna at 44 NC State 1:00 PM ESPNU
58 Ohio State at 6 Purdue 1:00 PM CBS
39 Memphis at 1 Houston 3:00 PM ESPN
16 Maryland at 96 Nebraska 5:00 PM Fox Sports1
32 Iowa at 46 Northwestern 6:30 PM BTN
43 Oregon at 63 Washington St 7:00 PM Fox Sports1
86 UNLV at 28 Boise St 9:00 PM Fox Sports1

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Not great talent level, but they lost to Bellarmine, Wright State, Appalachian State, and Lipscomb.  They should be at least winning some games where the talent they have should be enough to win.

They definitely had the worst luck possible to start the season. Lost their first 3 games by a combined 3 points.