Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I guess I disagree that they would be worth it.  

I'm not really saying they are. Just stating that it will probably happen since they both have TV deals with FOX and their current conference challenges are ending. 

BUT one could argue that they have been the better conference in compared to ACC for the past few years. Losing Texas does hurt though

EDIT: They do add Houston...

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Screenshot_20221128-115419-307.png

You dropped San Diego St all the way out of your top 25 when they lost games on a neutral court to your number 4 and 11 teams.   They probably should have beat Arkansas and they did beat Ohio st (23).   For me San Diego St is a clear top 25 team 

Our matchup against No. 1 has now turned into our matchup vs. No.18. 

Kinda loses a bit of its luster, but still -- let's kick a$$. 

We're No. 10. Purdue all the way up to No. 5. And No. 1 is our old friend Kelvin Sampson. 

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You dropped San Diego St all the way out of your top 25 when they lost games on a neutral court to your number 4 and 11 teams.   They probably should have beat Arkansas and they did beat Ohio st (23).   For me San Diego St is a clear top 25 team 

I did drop them out. But it was close. And I don't think there is any perfect way right now to fit the Top 25. It was a wild weekend. SDSU could easily be in without a doubt. But since I'm just one dude, no ties. 

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

And I'll say this, considering I do mine before the AP ever releases.... The AP is actually pretty close to mine. West Virginia at 28th it looked like while 25th in mine. SDSU the only team and SDSU was essentially sitting at #26 for me.  

The crazy thing about Purdue is they won’t lose a game for a while.  Maybe through the new year.  Bonkers. 

I think most expect IU to go 1-2 in our 3 toughest.  Who knows though.  Maybe we can overcome.  Kansas is not super impressive but home court is tough.  Arizona is super impressive. And UNC looks like a low end top 25 but their talent is indeniable. They can beat anyone. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The crazy thing about Purdue is they won’t lose a game for a while.  Maybe through the new year.  Bonkers. 

I think most expect IU to go 1-2 in our 3 toughest.  Who knows though.  Maybe we can overcome.  Kansas is super impressive but home court is tough.  Arizona is super impressive. And UNC looks like a low end top 25 but their talent is indeniable. They can beat anyone. 

We will need to beat some of these upper echelon teams before we see any movement upward in the rankings. If we lose, I think we will take a 7-10 place drop.

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I did drop them out. But it was close. And I don't think there is any perfect way right now to fit the Top 25. It was a wild weekend. SDSU could easily be in without a doubt. But since I'm just one dude, no ties. 

Gotta say, I think this is one of the most talented years for teams in a long time.  30 teams that really have a chance. Top 5 can be beat by top 30 on most nights imo. Stacked year due to Covid and NIL. I like it. 

1 minute ago, Redcamaro said:

We will need to beat some of these upper echelon teams before we see any movement upward in the rankings. If we lose, I think we will take a 7-10 place drop.

If we get the UNC win and drop the other 2 tough ones we will stay top 15 imo. Problem could be the @Rutgers mixed in there. 

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta say, I think this is one of the most talented years for teams in a long time.  30 teams that really have a chance. Top 5 can be beat by top 30 on most nights imo. Stacked year due to Covid and NIL. I like it. 

I actually talked about that on my podcast today. 

57 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If we get the UNC win and drop the other 2 tough ones we will stay top 15 imo. Problem could be the @Rutgers mixed in there. 

Might depend on how we perform. If we get ran out of the gym against both Arizona and KU I can see us falling out of the top 15 easily.

I really hope the Big Ten doesn't replace the challenge. Give the teams the flexibility. Gavitt Games need to end as well, that's as big a joke as the Big 12/SEC Challenge. Gives teams full flexibility to schedule as they please in the non conference. And move the other 2 conference games back with the rest of the conference games.