Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

New favorite game now with the transfer portal in full effect is watching a game and saying wow I didn’t even know that kid transferred.  Watching the Iowa game against IU’s next opponent Bethune Cookman and seeing the name Zion Harmon show up for them.  Former top 70 recruit from Kentucky that people that follow recruiting would probably know the name.   Ended up going to western Kentucky and never played a game.  Now he is at Bethune.   5-18 and 2-8 from 3 off the bench yesterday.   

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

New favorite game now with the transfer portal in full effect is watching a game and saying wow I didn’t even know that kid transferred.  Watching the Iowa game against IU’s next opponent Bethune Cookman and seeing the name Zion Harmon show up for them.  Former top 70 recruit from Kentucky that people that follow recruiting would probably know the name.   Ended up going to western Kentucky and never played a game.  Now he is at Bethune.   5-18 and 2-8 from 3 off the bench yesterday.   

At this point a list of schools Harmon has been committed to might be shorter than the one’s he hasn’t been.

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

He did have 7 assts to 3 TO's, and 2 blocks. Maybe shoot a little less? lol

Watched some replays today.  Oklahoma should of never lost that game last night.   They were up double digits most the game.   Up 14 with 8 min to go and up 9 at the 3:40 mark.    Brutal last 4 min stretch where they missed a layup that would of extended the lead to 4.  That led to a runout and transition 3  for Sam houston to win the game.    

not your typical Florida St team this year.   Still should of found a way to beat a team like Stetson but not having 5 scholly players available played into it.    If Caleb Mills is on your team and is your lead guard then you got problems.   There was a reason Houston got better once he left.   Brown playing for a low major is probably going to benefit him tremendously moving forward.  Playing in a system that allows him to do his thing without worrying about getting yanked for jacking up some questionable shots will be fun to watch.    He pulled from deep on one possession missed and the ball found him again and he pulled from even deeper and nailed it.   Just hope people that follow him or are around him allow him to do his thing at this level and enjoy the process.  If he plays like he did the other night stuff will work itself out and he will get an opportunity at a higher level.    ASun has some good teams.   Stetson was picked 7th.   Liberty is always a threat and Dunk city beat USC 

End of the Loyola game in regulation was crazy.  They should of lost but they had full court pass with about 2 sec to go and a kid hit the turn around to tie it up.  They ended up winning in 2OT 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Watched some replays today.  Oklahoma should of never lost that game last night.   They were up double digits most the game.   Up 14 with 8 min to go and up 9 at the 3:40 mark.    Brutal last 4 min stretch where they missed a layup that would of extended the lead to 4.  That led to a runout and transition 3  for Sam houston to win the game.    

not your typical Florida St team this year.   Still should of found a way to beat a team like Stetson but not having 5 scholly players available played into it.    If Caleb Mills is on your team and is your lead guard then you got problems.   There was a reason Houston got better once he left.   Brown playing for a low major is probably going to benefit him tremendously moving forward.  Playing in a system that allows him to do his thing without worrying about getting yanked for jacking up some questionable shots will be fun to watch.    He pulled from deep on one possession missed and the ball found him again and he pulled from even deeper and nailed it.   Just hope people that follow him or are around him allow him to do his thing at this level and enjoy the process.  If he plays like he did the other night stuff will work itself out and he will get an opportunity at a higher level.    ASun has some good teams.   Stetson was picked 7th.   Liberty is always a threat and Dunk city beat USC 

End of the Loyola game in regulation was crazy.  They should of lost but they had full court pass with about 2 sec to go and a kid hit the turn around to tie it up.  They ended up winning in 2OT 

Temple also lost as a 17 point favorite to Wagner. 

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Purdue looking good. Braden Smith running the offense very well. Active on defense. Newnan hitting shots. Edey just bring huge. 

They looked great early last season too, with a LOT more talent, and we know how that turned out :92:

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think Painter is better without the stars. Ivey was a talent Painter had never had. I think this roster fits his coaching way more. 

They look like a team that could have better chemistry and have enough talent to be a problem in conference. I flat out hate Purdue but respect Painter and think he is a class act. As good as Ivey was, I think he was a net negative for the team.

17 minutes ago, cthomas said:

They look like a team that could have better chemistry and have enough talent to be a problem in conference. I flat out hate Purdue but respect Painter and think he is a class act. As good as Ivey was, I think he was a net negative for the team.

Yes a lot of standing around watching Ivey last year which is not typical for Purdue. After 45 years I’ve learned to not count them out.