Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

Not only that, but with 6 seconds left. Way too early shot there. Go to the basket anyway

I don't think it's way too early as you give yourself a chance for an offensive rebound in that situation. That shot was absolutely questionable though.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

But, if you make it, you look like Steph Curry and get to be on ESPN!!!

Right, it's been in college ball for awhile but it's still bad basketball and it's still really horrible.

(Not directed at you, just a comment in general)

Any sport is a series of plays that either help or hurt you to win. The more plays you make that help you win the higher your chances of success. We've devolved into winning is kind of important but getting that highlight is super important. It goes back to putting team success over individual success and being held accountable.

I did like the second to last play of throwing it into the front court and calling the timeout. This should be done more often at the end of games.

Bama saved Davidson season.   Bama had a game canceled early in the year.  Davidson filled that game in neutral court game that Davidson won.   That’s Davidsons best win to date and likely the reason they get an at-large bid now.  Big time by them to get that game scheduled.  Well shall see if they actually get in.  Need to take a look and see if I need to drop them to the first 4 

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Again, I'll never be a college basketball coach, but I really don't understand why you need back to back timeouts just to tell your team not to foul or give up a bucket. 

Coaches the world over have mastered the art of over-thinking every single thing. Something to be said for just letting your guys play. The really good ones pick their spots with that.