Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I think the John Calipari era is coming to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done after this season. 

It kinda has that feel, doesn't it? It has to be utterly exhausting for him to go through the exact same process every year. Not that I feel sorry for him, he made his slimy bed, he can lie in it. Then when there is the inevitable disappointment Big Blew Nation goes apoplectic. 

It wears me out and I'm just mocking them. :) 

https://theathletic.com/news/kentucky-basketball-john-calipari-camron-fletcher/kTAsa8SZL2j3
How deep do problems run at UK?

Tucker: Pretty damn deep. Off to the program's worst start in almost 100 years, the Wildcats are in full-blown meltdown mode. None of the players wanted to speak to the media after Saturday's loss to North Carolina, so injured sophomore Keion Brooks did it. Not a great sign. And sources close to the program indicate Calipari is currently in a power struggle with multiple other key players on this roster.

Can they turn it around?

Tucker: The hunch here is no. Lose Saturday at rival Louisville and the season is close to officially being a wash, and Calipari knows it. For the first time since the 2013 NIT season, and just the second time in his dozen years at Kentucky, he's losing the battle to stamp out ego and create a cohesive team out of a bunch of former five-star recruits. There might be more departures, and Calipari might welcome that at this point.

When you recruit and sign a large number of 5 star kids you’d better darn well have a solid Diva radar.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

When you recruit and sign a large number of 5 star kids you’d better darn well have a solid Diva radar.

You’ve got that right. I find it curious that Fletcher would be the kid to publicly blow up. He’s from my neck of the woods, have seen him a few times and never thought he was anything but a a solid 3-4 year kid. Was really surprised when Cal offered him. Is he actually allowing kids at Fletcher’s level to believe they’re gonna come in and play from the jump and he’s gonna turn them into pros overnight? Always thought Cal was smarter than that.

I do know that Keion Brooks would be a hell of a fit for IU next year. And I also know that he's a bright kid, a good student, and is close with Armaan and TJD. If our truly high-character kids who know him well like him? That should be a plenty good enough endorsement.

If anyone is else is leaving UK it'll likely come just after their UL game tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

UK better not lose too many more players. Without Brooks they are down to nine scholly players on their roster. Lose two or three more and don't get Brooks back and things could get super-duper fun.

They'll have a sudden COVID outbreak and "pause Bball activities" for a few weeks, blah, blah, blah. 

I detest UK & Calipari and wish ill for both in perpetuity.....having said that, I am surprised he has successfully navigated this circus he created as well as he has. They may be mercenary punks, but most years they play hard and buy in. Probably due to financial incentives, but still impressive. 

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I do know that Keion Brooks would be a hell of a fit for IU next year. And I also know that he's a bright kid, a good student, and is close with Armaan and TJD. If our truly high-character kids who know him well like him? That should be a plenty good enough endorsement.

If anyone is else is leaving UK it'll likely come just after their UL game tomorrow.

I’d welcome it. 

On a lighter note, if anyone is interested in sports betting and a little humor added in I found an Instagram account through a buddy of mine with some Hoosier fans that post their picks every day with some funny captions and show a lot of welcome bias towards the Hoosiers. The account is @hoosier_prophets on Instagram if anyone wants to take look. I got a really good laugh out of their video post for the IU-Butler game

Hoping our Maui opponents can keep winning. FSU is starting to look like a paper tiger. 

Yeah they have been a little disappointing. But they did beat Florida and the ACC isn’t great so I’m guessing they’re a tournament team and it won’t be a bad loss.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah they have been a little disappointing. But they did beat Florida and the ACC isn’t great so I’m guessing they’re a tournament team and it won’t be a bad loss.

FSU will be fine.  That was never going to be considered a bad loss