Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

6 hours ago, CS2 said:

Purdue fans are pretty consistently calling both of these defections addition by subtraction and that both were going to lose most of their minutes.  Painter always did well with that lock down defender so I think the Easter loss hurts them.  

I really long for the days when Purdue fans couldn't wait for their upperclassmen to move on. It sounds a lot like us the last few years. 

Wow! Telling it like it is! I like it. I don't know who else needs to hear this but surely there are some kids on every P5 roster who need that message loud and clear. Unless they want to play pro in Bulgaria of course. 

I love it but in the same thought, I’m glad it’s not Archie.

These kids are all so often delusional. He’s exactly right. Kids naturally want to blame things on others. Coach, system, etc.

I’m with Painter, it’s completely ridiculous. Good strong competitive kids will find a way to excel despite system and coach.

Not excelling in college and thinking you are a pro is one of the more ludicrous things in sports.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I love it but in the same thought, I’m glad it’s not Archie.

These kids are all so often delusional. He’s exactly right. Kids naturally want to blame things on others. Coach, system, etc.

I’m with Painter, it’s completely ridiculous. Good strong competitive kids will find a way to excel despite system and coach.

Not excelling in college and thinking you are a pro is one of the more ludicrous things in sports.

Especially with the Modern NBA where if you can’t hit the 3 you basically have no role on offense. 

Painter’s going to mess around and make me like him. 

Good for him going off like that. If that hurts a kid’s feelings or a HS/AAU coach’s feelings, that’s probably not the type of kid he wants to be associated with anyway. Coaches give a lot less of a crap what people think about them than many lead themselves to believe. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For me as an IU fan? 

I didn't like it when Haarms was in the game for Purdue. Thought he was very difficult to counter.

I was fine when Eastern was in the game.

I always thought Eastern was the byproduct of the lax B1G officiating where 'they can't call everything' especially on the perimeter. 

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Painter’s going to mess around and make me like him. 

Good for him going off like that. If that hurts a kid’s feelings or a HS/AAU coach’s feelings, that’s probably not the type of kid he wants to be associated with anyway. Coaches give a lot less of a crap what people think about them than many lead themselves to believe. 

True. But I bet a savvy talker could convince a hard working kid that Painter isn’t interested in helping them develop. 

I can't imagine being a college coach nowadays.  Average 4 star guys are the man in high school, and convince themselves that because they have a recruiting profile and their name is online, they'll be a pro.  When that doesn't pan out, it must be someone else's fault.

Nojel Eastern probably won't even be a pro in something other than sports.

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I love it and glad he said it publicly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If an opposing fan base loves it then that’s probably not a good sign that it’s good for your program. 

Matt Norlander -

Inevitable bit of news from the NCAA: the draft withdrawal date for CBB players has indefinitely been pushed back from June 3. This comes in advance of a formal announcement from the NBA that its draft will be pushed back as well. Combine has already been indefinitely postponed.

5 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Cares about recruiting success and lack of it? What are you talking about? Painter has owned IU and had more success than us since he’s been at PU

He’s won games by developing talent. We have out recruited him by far. Winning games and winning recruiting battles are correlated but not the same thing.