Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

34 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would probably still take Buie 

Personally, I wouldn't.  People like to remember last year's Northwestern team and give Buie a ton of credit, but for the first three years of his career at Northwestern the Wildcats were 32-54 overall and 16-33 in conference.  Even after last season the Wildcats were 12 games under .500 overall with Buie and 13 games under .500 in conference with Buie.  As a junior, Eschmeyer was second in the Big Ten in scoring, first in rebounding, and third in field goal percentage.  As a senior he repeated his rebounding crown and was third in scoring.  

10 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Fox Sports talking head said at halftime as if it were a matter of fact that "Boo Buie is the best player in the history of the program".  I immediately thought no.......that's Evan Eschmeyer.  Went back and looked at the stats Eschmeyer put up while surrounded by putrid talent and I think could confirm that.  John Shurna on that list as well.

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would probably still take Buie 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Boo Buie

Chase Audige

Vic Law

Bryant McIntosh

Tre Demps

Drew Crawford

John Shurna

Kevin Coble

Vedran Vukusic

Jitim Young

Evan Eschmeyer

Love you guys, but I'm sorry, y'all kinda suck on this one. 

You completely left out of the discussion the guy who may be the most celebrated player in Northwestern history; Billy McKinney.

He's not their Calbert Cheaney (Shurna or Buie are), but he's probably their Scott May, or given that he was an extraordinary player on some weak (late 70's) teams, maybe he's their Walt Bellamy.

When a bad NW team beat #1 Michigan with Phil Hubbard and Rickey Green, that was Billy McKinney owning Rickey Green for 40 minutes. An incredible player and still a legend that's affiliated with the program.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You completely left out of the discussion the guy who may be the most celebrated player in Northwestern history; Billy McKinney.

First Dance documentary on B1G network work on Northwestern when they made the tourney for the first time was a good one to watch.    Showed him talking to the team and their fans at a Rally before their first game and the emotion from him was awesome.  He definitely was their most beloved at the time.    Pretty sure he does radio for them as well 

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Boo Buie

Chase Audige

Vic Law

Bryant McIntosh

Tre Demps

Drew Crawford

John Shurna

Kevin Coble

Vedran Vukusic

Jitim Young

Evan Eschmeyer

Shon Morris was a hell of a player 

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The preliminary injunction has been granted in the case of the state of Tennessee and Virginia vs. the NCAA. Details here:

God I hate what this is doing to the sport

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The preliminary injunction has been granted in the case of the state of Tennessee and Virginia vs. the NCAA. Details here:

So, how does this affect NIL? Is this across the board, or (according to one article) does it only apply to TN and VA, thereby giving them an advantage over the rest of the NCAA schools?

36 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So, how does this affect NIL? Is this across the board, or (according to one article) does it only apply to TN and VA, thereby giving them an advantage over the rest of the NCAA schools?

NCAA got their lunch handed to them.  It's across the board ramifications.

At least the NBA has 2,3,4,5 year contracts.  In. CBB EVERYONE is a potential “one and done” at their school (ie they can go to the NBA or transfer to another school). 

I can’t imagine what a pain in the @$$ it would be to be a college coach these days but I guess that it’s somewhat offset since you receive 2-15 million for sucking and getting fired.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Literally saying "you're not allowed to have rules."

Without an antitrust exemption, they'll keep losing cases like this. I think to convince Congress to give them that exemption, they'd have to follow the pro model with NCAA/schools and a players union negotiating a CBA that includes player contracts.

Edited by go iu bb

NCAA got their lunch handed to them.  It's across the board ramifications.
College bbal is going to become a joke We went from wanting players to get some spending money them them being basically nba players. Soon class won't even be required.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk