Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Maybe we’re being too harsh:

Sure Braden Smith missed four free throws; but two went in!

And yes, he missed on seven shots, but again; two shots from the floor went in.

And finally, yes he had three turnovers; but let’s not overlook that he had an assist.

What do the analytics say

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As much as I’d like to beat Purdue twice again this year, if we lose I’d at least like to see Payton Sparks break someone in half.

If he breaks Edey in half, each of the two parts would still be taller than Lewis Jackson.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I know we have time to improve, but if we beat Purdue even once this year I will be shocked. They play at a whole different pace than we do. So depressing to see.

January is a long way off. I didn't think we had a prayer of beating them 2 years ago, but we did. I also didn't think we had the fortitude to go into their place and win last year, but we did.

Hopefully we can make a 3 point shot by then. 

BIG NEWS ON BRADEN SMITH!

Apparently there is information circulating that Braden Smith and Luke Brown are the same person.

“Braluke Brosmith” is apparently exhausted from last year’s constant flying between games in West Laughy and DeLand, Florida.

Braluke Brosmith needs a nap, and then he will stink less.

Nicolas Timberlake was one of the most sought after transfers in the portal.  He ended up at Kansas and isn't getting on the court much and is just an offensive afterthought -- getting 4 points per game in about 15 minutes.  And if Arterio Morris hadn't been removed from the team due to his situation, Timberlake would be getting even less time.  Instead of going to a power 5 team where he could show case his abilities, Timberlake is farther from getting a shot at the NBA than he was before.

Hopefully we'll see some transfers start taking more into account their role on places they transfer to. 

7 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Apparently the Big Ten hasn't decided on the number of conference games next year.  They are saying 20, 21, or 22 are all on the table.

The number of conference games is getting ridiculous if they go beyond the 20 they already have.

You're just going to see less marque matchups in the non conference. Just like football.

Purdue is going to be really tough to beat. They are definitely final four favorites. But luckily the tournament is still a crapshoot.

Marquette poses an interesting dilemma with their toughness and guard play.

Edey is about as unstoppable as you’ll find in college basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Purdue is going to be really tough to beat. They are definitely final four favorites. But luckily the tournament is still a crapshoot.

I wonder why P5 teams don’t seem to watch film from FDU and St Peters defending Edey. They both routinely fronted him with a big and brought the weak side guard around behind him on the catch to swipe at the ball. That very much helped keep bigs out of foul trouble.

With Ware’s length that would seem to be a good strategy for us.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They will be battle tested  non con games against the current 4,5,6,7,8 in Ken Pom.   All those teams won’t end up in those spots but you still get the point.   Their non con schedule is loaded.   however none of that matters or what they do in the B1G matters because for them it all comes down to how they do in March