Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

22 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Who cares what those wins are considered now?  When it comes to seeding, the importance as what they are at the end of the year.  If (when) North Carolina rights their ship, the win over North Carolina will be a solid one.  Kansas and Arizona will both very likely be top ten teams at the end of the year.

That was my point …the Two games I saw Kansas play and the box score from Utah state coming into those two did not impress me at all on the eyeball test ….maybe it was seeing the close box with Utah state then watching the two close games with nc state and Wisconsin then reading about the flop against Tennessee all back to back was just a bad stretch and not indicative of actual ability but they didn’t seem very kansasy to me 

That was my point …the Two games I saw Kansas play and the box score from Utah state coming into those two did not impress me at all on the eyeball test ….maybe it was seeing the close box with Utah state then watching the two close games with nc state and Wisconsin then reading about the flop against Tennessee all back to back was just a bad stretch and not indicative of actual ability but they didn’t seem very kansasy to me 
I've had a similar feel to Kansas. Still very good but maybe not as great as normal. But then I remember that Kansas will dominate the Big 12 and be 1 or 2 in that conference and end up with a top 3 seed. Kansas will Kansas by the end. If IU wins that road game I'll be on board the deep tournament run train. The Phog is, if not THE best, one of the top 3-4 home court advantages in all of basketball.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Does anyone know the extent of goodes injury with Illinois ? I haven’t seen him play at all 

He broke his foot and had surgery on it after their scrimmage with Kansas.

Not an exact timetable but they said the hope was for him to be available at the start of the new year. 

lol 
This is getting ridiculous. Coach has a tough decision to make imo. Play him and risk losing respect of other players. Don't play him and lose more as I'm assuming he's one of their better players. Just not sure the point of declaring this in November

35 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This is getting ridiculous. Coach has a tough decision to make imo. Play him and risk losing respect of other players. Don't play him and lose more as I'm assuming he's one of their better players. Just not sure the point of declaring this in November

Doesn’t it allow coaches to contact him?  Maybe he wants a long recruitment 

Doesn’t it allow coaches to contact him?  Maybe he wants a long recruitment 
Have to draw a line somewhere. Probably not too much longer and players will be transferring after 1st semester and playing with new team 2nd. I'm all for players having options but like many things I believe this problem has been over-corrected. Just one not important guy's opinion.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Have to draw a line somewhere. Probably not too much longer and players will be transferring after 1st semester and playing with new team 2nd. I'm all for players having options but like many things I believe this problem has been over-corrected. Just one not important guy's opinion.

They've already reined it in a bit. There are now shorter windows in which to enter the portal for immediate eligibility the next season. This is different because he's a grad transfer. So maybe a grad transfer could do as you say (I'm not sure, there might be rules against that already) but this wouldn't apply to the majority of athletes, if so.

They've already reined it in a bit. There are now shorter windows in which to enter the portal for immediate eligibility the next season. This is different because he's a grad transfer. So maybe a grad transfer could do as you say (I'm not sure, there might be rules against that already) but this wouldn't apply to the majority of athletes, if so.
I'm glad to hear it's been reigned in a bit and I'm not familiar with rules. I am just looking at this from this kid's team's perspective and I don't like it.

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Game of the night Baylor/Zags.  You will need Peacock to watch this one 

Illinois/Maryland 

Wake/Clemson

Pitt/NC State 

Colgate/Auburn could be a sleeper game 

BAYLOR

MARYLAND

WAKE

NC STATE