Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I really liked Donovan Mitchell coming into the draft but I didn't think he'd be this good already. 

Dude is a beast, I loved him, but people didn't like him because he was an undersized two guard. Lol

56 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Dude is a beast, I loved him, but people didn't like him because he was an undersized two guard. Lol

He was inconsistent at Louisville but man he can do everything on the floor. He's going to be a huge star. Significantly outplaying 3 future hall of famers as a rookie.

Houston leads its series 3-1 and plays next in Minnesota on Wednesday.

04.23     W/L Min. Pts. FG's 3's FT's Reb Asst TO Stl Blk PF +/-

Tor OG 2-2                          
Hou EG 3-1 W 30 18 6-14 4-10 2-2 1 2 0 1 0 0 +1
Ind Vic 2-2                          

Well looks like my Sixers are moving on. Hate to be that guy, but it does feel good knowing how much crap I took in the off-season.

Really hoping its the Sixers & Pacers in the conference finals. I really think Washington can beat Toronto but it'll be tough. Pacers match up great with them if they get past Cleveland.

24 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I told plenty of people that the Sixers were making the playoffs this year. They didn't believe me. Simmons is one of my favorite players. But people also didn't believe me when I said the Jaguars were going to make the playoffs... probably because I don't watch the NFL but I knew what they could do.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

Didnt most people and experts predict both the Sixers and Jaguars to make the playoffs?

I don't remember my exact comments on Philly, but iirc my biggest concern was their young stars staying healthy. If they do then they should be contenders for years to come. 

I do think they screwed up in the draft last year, though. Should've taken Tatum instead of Fultz since they planned on Simmons playing the point. 

2 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Didnt most people and experts predict both the Sixers and Jaguars to make the playoffs?

Our best projections were 42 wins by ESPN I believe. Most had us at 38. Lot of media bet Sixers wouldnt make playoffs. One being Rob Perez who ended up sending quite a few emails because he made a tweet about it lol. If you go back and look at the off season comments I got ripped pretty good for saying we were gonna be good. I didn't expect 50 wins till next year though.

Our best projections were 42 wins by ESPN I believe. Most had us at 38. Lot of media bet Sixers wouldnt make playoffs. One being Rob Perez who ended up sending quite a few emails because he made a tweet about it lol. If you go back and look at the off season comments I got ripped pretty good for saying we were gonna be good. I didn't expect 50 wins till next year though.

I think most said the school sixers had to stay healthy before projecting them going far into the playoffs. Imagine if Fultz was what he should be this year. I would say with Boston’s injuries you would for sure be going to Finals. Hard to say yet, but they got as good a shot as anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just hope the Cavs don't make it to the Finals this year. They're not beating Golden State. No matter how LeBron plays the end result for most people would just be "oh he's 3-6 in the finals now, lolz". So, I hope he goes to game 7 in all three rounds in the east before losing in the ECF, so that way he can still pad his stats.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

the NBA hall of fame is much easier to get into than the MLB or NFL ones.

Small nit to pick. Isn’t it technically the basketball hall of fame? Which would make it “easier” to get in from the get-go?

Either way, I agree about seemingly everyone being in it. 

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Small nit to pick. Isn’t it technically the basketball hall of fame? Which would make it “easier” to get in from the get-go?

Either way, I agree about seemingly everyone being in it. 

Yeah you're right. The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame or something, I think. I remember seeing a few college coaches get inducted while they're still coaching, which I thought was kinda weird. I wonder why the NBA doesn't have their own one. 

The Pacers coach is losing them this game. Why are the bigs hugging Lebron on the 3 pt line? If you want to beat Lebron, make him shoot.

Oh and Oladipo needs to stop playing like booty. He’s a completely different player than he was the first 2 games.