Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
rebelhoosier848891

Who Will Be IU's Next Commitment

Hoosier Hysteria is right around the corner and this is about the time of year we traditionally get a new commitment.  Predict who will be IU's next commit---any class--but you can only pick one.  We will look back and see who calls this one right!

I pick Shake Milton---Yogi can graduate this year and if he has a big year he may go to NBA

Who you got and why?

I Hope its Shake.

Looks like he could be a really nice big lead guard and with Yogi gone for sure his soph year it will be a position of need.

Also if any of the 4/5 types we have can play I dont think we need Morgan as bad.

Might want to save a spot for Davis or Leaf in 16.

It would be much easier to speculate who we won't get.

1. A 5 star recruit.
2. A 4 star recruit.
3. A 3star.. let me backtrack. Maybe one we beat out one out against Vandy, UAB, or South Carolina.
4. A top Indiana high school player.
5. A top Indiana, Illinois or Ohio high school player.

But alas we will get one that has a great soccer skillset that absolutely jumps out of the gym. After a couple more years of organzed ball he will be able to dunk albeit he can't dribble, catch or shoot the ball. Its great having all of those overseas scouts.

I'm always amazed at some of the criticism Crean gets, no matter how much there is. There is so much evidence to the contrary but it's as if some of these people want him to fail, so they will be proven "right." They want him to fail, they truly do...

1. A 5 star recruit.
2. A 4 star recruit.
3. A 3star.. let me backtrack. Maybe one we beat out one out against Vandy, UAB, or South Carolina.
4. A top Indiana high school player.
5. A top Indiana, Illinois or Ohio high school player.

But alas we will get one that has a great soccer skillset that absolutely jumps out of the gym. After a couple more years of organzed ball he will be able to dunk albeit he can't dribble, catch or shoot the ball. Its great having all of those overseas scouts.

[attachment=1141:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1409711748.527325.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Crean has literally landed nearly every top Indiana kid worth a damn except for Harris. Zeller, Ferrell, Blackmon alone... isn't that what you people wanted all those years ago when IU missed Conley, etc.? I guess when Crean does it he's doing it wrong. It's not "the IU way."

The realist perspective is our recruiting has faltered as of late. The noteworthy question is WHY? Morgan and Shake would be great additions and quiet some of the noise concerning recruiting. I following recruiting VERY closely and we have missed a tremendous amount since last October. The list is extraordinarily long, with names like Anthony Lee, Goodluck Okonoboh, Devin Robinson, Eron Harris, Ray Spaulding, Donovan Mitchell, Stephen Zimmerman, Tum Tum Nairn, Etc, etc, etc. These are guys we went hard after. There are many many many others too.

We ARE in a recruiting funk compared to 2011-mid 2014 standards.

After missing on those players and taking April, Priller and to a lesser extent Holt and Zeisloft, the poster questioning recruiting is justified.

Real question is why, and can Crean fix whatever the problem is?

The realist perspective is our recruiting has faltered as of late. The noteworthy question is WHY? Morgan and Shake would be great additions and quiet some of the noise concerning recruiting. I following recruiting VERY closely and we have missed a tremendous amount since last October. The list is extraordinarily long, with names like Anthony Lee, Goodluck Okonoboh, Devin Robinson, Eron Harris, Ray Spaulding, Donovan Mitchell, Stephen Zimmerman, Tum Tum Nairn, Etc, etc, etc. These are guys we went hard after. There are many many many others too.

After missing on those players and taking April, Priller and to a lesser extent Holt and Zeisloft, the poster questioning recruiting is justified.

You do realize that colleges give offers to dozens upon dozens of kids each year and miss out on a ton as well. We also went hard after guys like Troy Williams, Robert Johnson, James Blackmon Jr, Stanford Robinson and Noah Vonleh over the last year or two. All the guys I just listed were recruited by top programs and Crean and his staff were able to "win".  We are not the only team that loses out on recruits.  It's very easy to sit back and only see a players ratings and make all the assumptions, but let the kids play before making an judgment. Zeisloft already started to prove that he belongs here.

1. A 5 star recruit. Like Zeller, Ferrell, Vonleh, or Blackmon?
2. A 4 star recruit. Like RoJo, Troy, Jordy, Wat, Mo, Hollowell, Hanner, etc?
3. A 3star.. let me backtrack. Maybe one we beat out one out against Vandy, UAB, or South Carolina. I'm guessing that's a shot at Juwan Morgan and/or Shake Milton?  They are both four stars.
4. A top Indiana high school player. We get plenty of them. For '15 there's only Coleman and Swanigan (whose guardian is a pro agent Purdue alum)
5. A top Indiana, Illinois or Ohio high school player. See answers to 1-4.
But alas we will get one that has a great soccer skillset that absolutely jumps out of the gym. After a couple more years of organzed ball he will be able to dunk albeit he can't dribble, catch or shoot the ball. Its great having all of those overseas scouts. Condescending and sanctimonious are not my favorite qualities in Indiana Hoosier basketball fans.

Alford, Mcginnes, Benson, Rayl, Slick Leonard you forgot to add. I thought the topic was next commit? Condescending is all on how one perceives. Others may find it insightful to an otherwise biased slant for which most follow. Obviously after last year, we all should agree we are coming to an apex with the current staff. We just disagree where it ultimately ends up.

The problem could be as simple as IU having a sub-par 2013-2014 run. IU didn't make the tournament, and there is uncertainty if we will be able to again this next season, or that Crean will keep his job. I don't think recruits are just going to throw themselves at Indiana because it's Indiana anymore and winning is key to recruiting.

If we do well this year on the court, we will do well in recruiting. Indiana's facilities and basketball oriented athletics are obvious advantages, the only thing we're missing is a tournament berth and a deep run away from landing the recruits we all know we should get.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The problem could be as simple as IU having a sub-par 2013-2014 run. IU didn't make the tournament, and there is uncertainty if we will be able to again this next season, or that Crean will keep his job. I don't think recruits are just going to throw themselves at Indiana because it's Indiana anymore and winning is key to recruiting.
If we do well this year on the court, we will do well in recruiting. Indiana's facilities and basketball oriented athletics are obvious advantages, the only thing we're missing is a tournament berth and a deep run away from landing the recruits we all know we should get.
Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's possible it's that simple but when UNC missed the tourney or UK missed did recruiting suffer like ours? And if missing the tourney IS the answer we need a coach/program that doesn't miss ala Duke, Arizona, Ohio State, Michigan State etc... 2 sides of the sword here. I can't believe people aren't more disgruntled with recruiting. I think Rob and JB2 saved the day and luckily they came on early before our recruiting blunders. People seem unable to separate 1 class into 2 distinct segments.

Look at it this way. We talk Stan (top50 at the time), Fischer (UR then to top 75), Noah (top10), Troy (top30), Rojo (top50), JB2 (top25), to Max (UR), April(UR), Priller(UR), Holt (UR to top200).

If people don't see a trend, I don't know what to say. Missing the tourney doesn't seem to be enough to explain it because other elite programs rebound more quickly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, maybe the fans are part of the problem. The rumors created by the more powerful fans have cast uncertainty over Crean's stability as head coach at IU. Case and point, look at quotes from Eron Gordon saying that his interest in IU all depends on the coaching situation. Conveniently, this was said around the time after the Woodson to IU rumor. How is Crean supposed to sell his commitment to a recruit if everyone else is saying he won't be at IU to uphold his promises? Crean under performed and started the issue, but we may be magnifying it.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.