Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indianapolis Colts Off-Season Thread

Ted Marchibroda passed away on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14581999/ted-marchibroda-former-indianapolis-colts-baltimore-ravens-coach-dies-age-84

RIP coach. I was so excited when we hired him back in '92. He cleaned up the Meyer/Venturi mess and produced instant results. Plus he was a very likable guy unlike those two.

He was a Colts guy through and through. Thanks for the memories coach

Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Colts are expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as a quarterbacks coach in the coming days.

The Colts have been reworking their coaching staff the past few weeks after they elected to retain HC Chuck Pagano, but make some changes to his group of assistants.

Schottenheimer, 42, spent the 2015 season with the University of Georgia as their offensive coordinator and QBs coach.

He has worked for a number of teams including the Chiefs, Redskins, Chargers, Jets, and Rams. However, he’s probably most well known for his time as the Jets’ offensive coordinator from 2006-2011.

Working with Andrew Luck on an daily basis, obviously, has plenty of appeal for a coach looking to get back in the NFL.

Two Colts now will make the Pro Bowl, Vontae Davis and Mike Adams.  Davis replaces Chris Harris Jr who will be playing in the Super Bowl and Adams replaces Kam Chancellor who is injured. 

Peyton Manning will be going to his 4th Super Bowl, his second since getting cut by the Colts.  Should we have kept him and drafted defense instead?

Two Colts now will make the Pro Bowl, Vontae Davis and Mike Adams.  Davis replaces Chris Harris Jr who will be playing in the Super Bowl and Adams replaces Kam Chancellor who is injured. 

Peyton Manning will be going to his 4th Super Bowl, his second since getting cut by the Colts.  Should we have kept him and drafted defense instead?

The Broncos going to the Superbowl was not because of Peyton Manning... 

No, absolutely not

The Broncos going to the Superbowl was not because of Peyton Manning... 

Yeah, that's true this year.  Two years ago they went there because of him.  This year he's a shell of his old self.  

I guess I thought that if we kept Peyton and drafted defense we'd be just as good.  But I also guess we'd still have the same Grigson in charge, so our offensive line would have killed him.  Just thinking out loud.

This is a pretty good article on Peyton:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25467570/peyton-manning-at-39-all-you-need-to-know-about-his-historically-great-career

What a great career it's been.  Thanks for the memories in a Colts uniform, get that win next week!

Peyton will formally retire tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Manning for the memories.

Absolutely, one of the all time greats.  I was very happy to see him get his 2nd ring, because I felt he needed it to really solidify his legacy.  He was already considered one of the greats, but was criticized for only having one ring.  Forever an Indy Colt!